Matt is still in pyramaze!

Jan 4, 2004
Just so you guys know, Matt is still in Pyramaze and the recording is going as planned. Matt will issue his own press statement soon, so stay tuned. cheers -jonah w

^ I wouldn't count on that yet. Pyramaze has already said they won't be doing full blown tours. It probably won't conflict with Matt's schedule a whole lot.

I feel that the new album will be the first and last recording of Matt Barlow with Pyramaze.

I agree!
Yet the following questions are just speculation.

Though it would be nice to see some stability! Seems this musical chairs in metal happens frequently these days? Pyramaze has so much talent, yet they are a working mans -part time metal band & i can respect that.Only leaves us fans to wonder how big this band could really be?

Would a singer from the Scandinavian region be a better fit for this band? With 2 singers now in Lance & Matt being in / from the U.S.A. ...logistically & realistically this seems it may be difficult to record ,tour, etc. frequently?

It could be they do not want to tour frequently... if so, thats fine?

Guess what i'm asking would a local singer from the bands region lead to more recording,touring, popularity & fame that i believe the band could reach?

Is Matt still going to be a police officer? Or is he back to being a full time musician? I guess we'll find out in his press release... I literally crapped myself when I found out that Barlow was coming back to Iced Earth. I was reading the thing on their site and I was like: No... No... no, no, no.... this is a joke... Then after I realized it wasn't April Fools I started to take it in a bit easier. I wonder how the Ripper felt? I for one liked the Ripper's voice- but Matt's voice suited the band the best. Tim did have big shoes to fill in... First Halfords, the proclaimed 'Metal God', then Barlows. All the best to Beyond Fear. All in all... I am glad that Barlow's back with Iced Earth- now i have two cds to wait for: The new Pyramaze CD and the next Iced Earth album! :headbang:

I agree!
Yet the following questions are just speculation.

Though it would be nice to see some stability! Seems this musical chairs in metal happens frequently these days? Pyramaze has so much talent, yet they are a working mans -part time metal band & i can respect that.Only leaves us fans to wonder how big this band could really be?

Would a singer from the Scandinavian region be a better fit for this band? With 2 singers now in Lance & Matt being in / from the U.S.A. ...logistically & realistically this seems it may be difficult to record ,tour, etc. frequently?

It could be they do not want to tour frequently... if so, thats fine?

Guess what i'm asking would a local singer from the bands region lead to more recording,touring, popularity & fame that i believe the band could reach?

I have often wondered how big Pyramaze would be too- honestly they are very talented musicians and definetely one of my favourite bands. Since Matt is with them they will probably gain a bit more popularity with the Iced Earth crowd (which is a pretty freakin' huge crowd I might add) and in time they will be big- remember they are still a fairly new band with only 2 releases and all.

Having experience from being in a band, having a singer in the same region probably would make things easier- but it all depends on the location. For example, I live in a little town in Ontario and I have a full band and such... but our singer seldom comes to practices- mainly because they are so busy. It all depends on the person, not so much the area. My bassist lives in a different city thats a few hours away yet he is able to jam practically every week. It all depends on the person. Also, for recording, it all depends. For example I record the guitar, the drummer comes over and we record the drums. I'll e-mail our parts to the bassist and he'll do the bass recordings at his house. Then he'll send it back to me and we'll get our singer to crank out some vocals.

Believe it or not, I've spoken to Lance King on the phone (and boy what a story that is- I didn't even realize I was talking to him until he told me who he was... haha). Now I didn't ask Lance anything about Pyramaze or his other bands- mainly just wanted to get info as to how should send a demo to him... I don't know where I'm going with this- I think I just wanted to say that I've talked to Lance King... haha.

Hope this helped

Errr... Pyramaze would not interfere with Matt's schefdual.. I myself wonder how he's gonna pull off being in iced earth, a major metal force and touring band w/ his new kid/career. I thought that was why he left in the first place.

Also... the Jonah lives in America, he's more than fine in the band.

Happy to hear this...actually I am looking more forward to hear him with Pyramaze than to hear him with IE again. Even though I have always been a big IE fan, I'm a bigger Pyramaze fan since I get to know them.

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

2 GREAT BANDS WITH MATT WHAT CAN YOU WISH FOR EVEN MORE !!!

And as stated above matt is going to realease his own press statement, so as for his reasons of rejoining IC well hear about it soon enough by himself.

And again BE HAPPY CAUSE WE ARE GETTING 2 GREAT BANDS NOW :kickass:

Errr... Pyramaze would not interfere with Matt's schefdual.. I myself wonder how he's gonna pull off being in iced earth, a major metal force and touring band w/ his new kid/career. I thought that was why he left in the first place.

Also... the Jonah lives in America, he's more than fine in the band.

I know Jonahs from the states...logistically it seems he can pull this off better than Lance or Matt can?
Obviously the band can record, etc. w/ technology & such...they have done it w/ Lance & are doing it now w/ Matt,so far the results in thier releases have been top notch! Just seems maybe this way of doing it is harder than it should be & possibly holding this band back to a point?
Either way i'll support & take what i can from this band.

I am sure that Jon Schaffer won't leave Matt the choice of staying in Pyramaze too.

Matt will do the vocals for the new Pyramaze album because so it was planned some months ago and after that he will be a full member of Iced Earth only.

I hope that my predictions will not come true, but...