Hey software designers!!!!!

thomas1831

Feb 21, 2009
Is there anyway possible to design a simple vst player. What i mean by that is a piece of software that can set an input and an output (for your interface) and have say 4-5 slots for adding vst plugs so i can use some of these great VST amp sims for practice or for live.:headbang: I mean i can always use a DAW but why not a stream lined app that is just dedicated to running a few vst apps possibly less cpu usage then running a whole daw. I have to admit i am drunk as hell right now :kickass: and it was just a thought that came to me and was sure some other sneapsters could benefit from a piece of software like this. I know some will say why not just use guitar rig, amplitube etc what I am suggesting is something you could add your favorite eq, comp multiband or whatever to the chain with your amp sim and impulse player. If this already exists I apologize for my nooobness If it does not, someone run with it and make a million ha ha ha now back to some metal and beers :kickass:

P.S. this may be incredibly hard to do I know nothing about programming .

ha ha ha I thought I was on to something revolutionary Why would I google? thanks you dude I will check the links tomorrow when I am less drunk. Are you one of those dudes who googles every Idea you have ever had to make sure it has not been thought of yet ? Sorry if I am being a dick I am an aggressive drunk lol

I am one of the dudes who asks the question because there are probably other people out there asking the same question as me...but Thank You For pointing me in the right direction

Generally anything you can possibly think of or ask, any topic in any subject, has already been discussed, or thought of. Rather than ask a question, potentially waste other people's time while you to wait, research what you are interested in, most of the time you will get results quicker than waiting for replies.

It is very typical for the forum members to get pretty upset because an OP decided not to take time researching about a topic that has been talked about many times over and simply posted a topic to get free answers. The general etiquette is Google it first, if you still can't find anything, then post a thread. While your question is not discussed all the time, some very primal keywords that you used into a search could have given you results much faster than waiting for somebody to reply back to this thread, resulting in you already (most likely) having found a program that works.

I checked out what you posted but its not exactly what i Suggested... Imagine if you will a channel strip kind of like a channel strip in cubase or pro tools with an Input, Vst slots perhaps a fader then an output. all in one stand alone APP. I apologize if i missed something in what you posted...is it possible to create an app like this?

Generally anything you can possibly think of or ask, any topic in any subject, has already been discussed, or thought of. Rather than ask a question, potentially waste other people's time while you to wait, research what you are interested in, most of the time you will get results quicker than waiting for replies.

It is very typical for the forum members to get pretty upset because an OP decided not to take time researching about a topic that has been talked about many times over and simply posted a topic to get free answers. The general etiquette is Google it first, if you still can't find anything, then post a thread. While your question is not discussed all the time, some very primal keywords that you used into a search could have given you results much faster than waiting for somebody to reply back to this thread, resulting in you already (most likely) having found a program that works.

Lighten up a little snow.

roflcopter.gif

So by your logic, there should be no new threads on this forum, ever