hey trapped

• Thread starter Rusted_in_peace50
  • Start date
R

Rusted_in_peace50

man, I finally got down the Ionian, ahh man its so fucking fun to shred on this scale, I like this a lot more than the minor modes, i dunno the minor stuff doesnt have that 'happy' sound I like. It actually is possible to shred on pentatonic if you add some chromatics into the mix (Steve morse taught me that one!).

When you add notes to the pentatonic... it becomes a different scale :)

Yeah?? I hate "happy" sounding scales, they bother me somewhat... but hey, whatever floats your boat, i am obsessed with whole tone scales at the moment.... they are the fucking weirdest scales ever... and you know what? There is actually only two different positions you can play it on the fretboard... strange huh? Can go over almost anything...

What's with the "True Light" Style name eh? Unregisteered.. are you staging a "Revolt" against the nevermore board? Dude, you're a bit late, we did that nearly a year ago :lol:

nah dude, it was a mistake/laziness :)

if you use use chromatics as passing notes I think its still pentatonic.

yeah, and tone scales are sweet, they are hardly EVER used in music though, i havent heard anyone use wholetone much.

if you play the major scale right, it doesnt sound too happy, plus you can throw in some phrydgian, which gives it a nice 'haunting' sound.

They get used on politics of ecstasy, i think it's seven tongues of god, he does a MONSTER run up to around the twelfth fret on whole tones... amazing stuff...

Ahh, you meant passing notes... like using a Bb in an E minor pentatonic... cool, yeah... although that's really only on two strings when you're using a box pattern, doesn't make shredding that much easier, as you've got a pile of 'two note strings'... pentatonic is great for a sweep up though, just like a minor chord, unless you're doing monster pentatonic runs from the first fret on the bottom E, right up to the 24th fret on the high E :lol: Impossible methinks.