Hi.. and unfortunately i have to introduce myself under sad circumstances

shumik

May 24, 2006
I am a very big fan of heavy metal music. My favourite styles are mostly melodic death metal, thrash/groove metal, neo-classical and power metal.

I am a musician too - sort of... a crappy musician still, i've been playing guitar for less than 2 years. I like to play heavy metal music. I am not a Goth, or anything like that. However, I have long hair, I like to dress up like a metalhead wearing a band t-shirt from time to time, army pants and a biker jacket. I am a student at a university. I am from Toronto, Canada.

Now the sad part... Recently a shooting incident occurred in Montreal, resembeling Colombine Massacre, where a heavy metal fan shot some people dead at a college. This made me reassess my whole life, and my identity... whether I should retain this headbanger's image or not... the hair part is ok i guess... but i dont feel comfortable wearing the t-shirts anymore. I feel like from now on everyone who is into heavy metal will be stereotyped as a murderous psychopath, just like muslims are stereotyped as terrorists. I mean, I was looked down upon before - but I ignored it, and from now it will probably be way worse. On the radio all i hear today is that all the Goth and Metal culture must be eradicated and stuff like that by some stupid idiots in their 50+s. This really sucks.

All I can say now is fuck the guy who did shot the innocents!! He's just put another nail into Metal Culture's coffin, fucking douchebag. Seriously! What a fucking loser! We've been always misunderstood, and now we are misunderstood even more. I am not gonna wish him any hell burnings, cos that shit doesnt exist,- I am a fucking atheist, i dont believe in any bullshit jesus, or satan, or allah, or Thor, or Shiva, or Buddha, or Svarog or any other crap... But man,,, I am pretty pissed off at that asshole... now I actually understand, how those muslims who dont share the al-qaeda ideology felt, when bin laden did the shit on 9/11... this sucks!

The guys who from around my area - please respond what is your opinion about this.

OK, so a nutjob who liked heavy metal killed some people. That makes you want to stop listening to metal why? If some nut job who likes classical or jazz kills people does it therefore mean that you should not listen to those genres? Of course not. Listen to what you like.
Furthermore don't worry about having a metal image or not... just dress how you want to... if that means wearing band shirts from time to time do it.

fuck what they think about your image, if your not a homicidal maniac then dont worry about it!

being a metalhead=not giving a fuck what others think

:kickass:

Thoth-Amon said:
OK, so a nutjob who liked heavy metal killed some people. That makes you want to stop listening to metal why? If some nut job who likes classical or jazz kills people does it therefore mean that you should not listen to those genres? Of course not. Listen to what you like.
Furthermore don't worry about having a metal image or not... just dress how you want to... if that means wearing band shirts from time to time do it.
Haven’t you heard the news ?All metalheads are the evil tools of satan and should be killed on sight !
All metal records will be gathered and burned ! (sound any familiar ?)

I say fuck ‘em and fuck what they think.Start wearing more and more band t-shirts and if someone has the nerve to comment on your clothes,simply say “would you rather see me wearing a long coat ?”

Welcome shumik

I watched about the incidence in the News....
There are always people who prejudises against people who listen to heavy metal and such incidences happens as if trying to verify the suspicions and prejudices unfortunately!!!

shumik said:
but i dont feel comfortable wearing the t-shirts anymore. I feel like from now on everyone who is into heavy metal will be stereotyped as a murderous psychopath, just like muslims are stereotyped as terrorists. I mean, I was looked down upon before - but I ignored it, and from now it will probably be way worse. On the radio all i hear today is that all the Goth and Metal culture must be eradicated and stuff like that by some stupid idiots in their 50+s. This really sucks.

Some time ago, there used to be a lot of stupit satanic stuff in my country.. Young people even killed young girls under the idea of satanism.. then media started to write and tell a lot about satanism and put the blame on all the people who listen to heavy metal and likes wearing casual metal-head stuff.. They started to pick all the people who wears black from bars, cafes even from the streets up..
But this incidence in your country is something different then what I told. But it will put the blame on all the metal heads for a certain period of time.. (Btw condolecences to the ones who died..) I wish it hadn't happened, but it did.. :( What I am really angry for is that, there are such idiots, such people who desire to do or immitate or to be something or someone they know little about just to take a fake identity, with insane unconscious psychotic minds, who f*cks up everything!

shumik said:
All I can say now is fuck the guy who did shot the innocents!!
I hate whats done to innocent lives.. By lunatic minds... (RIP Dimebag Darrell whose death was a streak of cruelty in a mad killers character too)

shumik said:
I am a fucking atheist, i dont believe in any bullshit jesus, or satan, or allah, or Thor, or Shiva, or Buddha, or Svarog or any other crap... But man,,, I am pretty pissed off at that asshole... now I actually understand, how those muslims who dont share the al-qaeda ideology felt, when bin laden did the shit on 9/11... this sucks!

I was born in Turkiye.. The capital city.. With an identity on which is written that my religion is Muslim. Nobody asked me about my idea or gave me a right to select.. I don't believe any holy books or any religion.. I just try to live as a decent human being.. So I don't need any holy books or god or act of worship.. I wish I could erase that Muslim expression on my religion section on my identity card, the government lets us do it, but if I do so, I'll always have problems with governmental etc issues as well.. As a person who lives in a muslim country and who has decent muslim friends and a family who is muslim but open headed and minded who never interfere with my decisions, I am sad about the 9/11 incident...

Nemesis_lxix said:
There is an international tendency to believe that metal is the root of all evil.
I was watching a documentary the other day and I wasn’t any surprised
when they mentioned that metalheads were the creators of an international mafia gang.Typical:Smug:

ya i saw that.....i saw it was on, and thought "kewl, sumthin about metal" then started watchin it and thought "these son of bitches, this isnt about metal, its puttin down on metal"

anyone from any type of settin can and will form sum mafia shit....but wen sumone metal does it....the news jumps all over it....its an easy story

fuck that:headbang:

rdude10 said:
ya i saw that.....i saw it was on, and thought "kewl, sumthin about metal" then started watchin it and thought "these son of bitches, this isnt about metal, its puttin down on metal"

anyone from any type of settin can and will form sum mafia shit....but wen sumone metal does it....the news jumps all over it....its an easy story

fuck that:headbang:
And the stupid part is that all the members of the gang are tattooed gangsta rap looking badasses,mostly black or Puerto Ricans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms_13

Mike27 said:
fuck what they think about your image, if your not a homicidal maniac then dont worry about it!

being a metalhead=not giving a fuck what others think

:kickass:

True.:headbang:

I've had religious people stop talking to me completely just because I'm a metalhead. It's really upseting because I really liked them. I wish they understood me as I'm not satanic, I believe in God. But oh well.... ahhh oh how I hate the world around me. Can't wait for people to discover metal as amazing music instead of the root of all evil. I think of metal as amazing music. And oh yea I heard about the death metal documentary on the Discovery Channel but I was a few hours too late, I missed the documentary.

ya, i didnt watch it all, but u didnt miss much
like i said before...it was just some bullshit about metal

and i can relate some with u, in the religious people judging by what you do. i have had alot of ppl i know do that to me, and its dumb. the world needs to see metal isnt people getting together and worshipping satan and killing people....im like you, im a christian, and i still listen to metal. its just music, well it aint just music....its awsome music....but its not like the world thinks it is

As a metalhead I choose to believe in myself while respecting other people, their property and own opinions/decisions. I live by these few rules I have set for myself.

Don't let some idiot living in his parents basement scare you from being the way you are or want to be.

thanks for the words of support, guys!

i kind of got over with this personal crisis i had recently. Especially after I went to Gigantour 2006 and discussed the issue with my fellow metal fans. We indeed should just tell all those mindless conservative and liberal douchebags to fuck off. Screw the politicians! All they ever did was blaming outsiders for their own failures - and this outsiders happened to be us this time... so, just screw them! If people want to flock with these mindless fools - thats their choice. why should we care? I ordered a kalmah t-shirt online, and a children of bodom one for my girlfriend. And i am liking it that way :lol:

Did anyone go for Gigantour 2006? It was amazing... I loved the Arch Enemy solo they played in the end of their performance. Best shit ever! Opeth was great too.

thanks for the words of support, guys!

i kind of got over with this personal crisis i had recently. Especially after I went to Gigantour 2006 and discussed the issue with my fellow metal fans. We indeed should just tell all those mindless conservative and liberal douchebags to fuck off. Screw the politicians! All they ever did was blaming outsiders for their own failures - and this outsiders happened to be us this time... so, just screw them! If people want to flock with these mindless fools - thats their choice. why should we care? I ordered a kalmah t-shirt online, and a children of bodom one for my girlfriend. And i am liking it that way

Did anyone go for Gigantour 2006? It was amazing... I loved the Arch Enemy solo they played in the end of their performance. Best shit ever! Opeth was great too.

HEY NOW THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!! I never been to a gig before, might start going to some gigs when I get older.

Fear not folks. This nonsense(anti-Metal 'bias') has been going on as long as I can remember, and I have been listening to Metal for 25+ years. When I saw that silly "Death Metal" bit on Discovery it was like I was sixteen again ,watching the same claptrap that Geraldo Rivera and the like used to put out...Given that I'm now well into my thirties I doubt these occasional bouts of musically inspired media-hysteria will effect things much at all.