Hi Andy Sneap forum.

Static

Manically depressed robot
May 5, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
Hello, I've never posted here before, but a few of the people I talk to regularly (such as Moonlapse, and Death's Acre) are known to frequent this place. I used to run with the Seriously Off-Topic crew before that turned to shit...and I make music and are interesting in all the production stuff that you guys talk about 'round here.

I'm not particularly familiar with Andy Sneap or the bands he has worked with, though I have an Arch Enemy album and some other things he has probably been involved in here and there, but I think it's pretty cool this place has so much discussion about production and such. Seems a good den of knowledge, so I might start visiting.

---

Anyways...I was wondering, how important is it to have the extra packs for the PODxt? There is the METAL pack (sounds important to me), the classic amps pack (also sounds useful), and the FX packs. I'm not fully happy with my metal tone, and whenever I download what are supposed to be really good tones it tells me that without said packs I'm not getting the full sound of the patch.

It's annoying not to be getting the most out of my PODxt. And if I'm not so satisfied with the metal tones it has for me right now, will I be like FUCK YEAH once I get the metal pack?

Just wonderin'. Any tips about recording with the PODxt would also be welcomed.

And hi.

He posts under the name Andy Sneap. I bet you wouldn't have worked that one out on your own ;)

I've heard that the metal pack can really push the metal tones to a new level. Having said that though, some people have come up with rather nice tones without it.

I still suggest getting Kazrog's patch. Most convincing direct-in POD sound I've heard yet.

Oh, and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Moonlapse said:
He posts under the name Andy Sneap. I bet you wouldn't have worked that one out on your own ;)

I've heard that the metal pack can really push the metal tones to a new level. Having said that though, some people have come up with rather nice tones without it.

I still suggest getting Kazrog's patch. Most convincing direct-in POD sound I've heard yet.

Oh, and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure his patches require the metal pack as well. It's fucking annoying that I don't have a credit card, I'm going to have to bug my dad about it until he finally cracks...then pay him back.

He's so frickken' paranoid about internet purchases, even with an established company like Line 6.

All the good patches seem to be metal pack related. You can apply different amps and cabs that come with the PODxt but they aren't as good I'm sure for metal tones. :cry:

Yeah, my metal tones sound like shit compared to the samples I hear everywhere.

My PODxt is plugged into a small mixing console which is line-ined to the soundcard. Hopefully that setup isn't making it sound worse or something.

How is your PODxt connected to your comp, if you use it for recording? Just pondering ways to make it sound better...I'll have to get those packs though. Grr.

Static said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure his patches require the metal pack as well. It's fucking annoying that I don't have a credit card, I'm going to have to bug my dad about it until he finally cracks...then pay him back.

He's so frickken' paranoid about internet purchases, even with an established company like Line 6.

All the good patches seem to be metal pack related. You can apply different amps and cabs that come with the PODxt but they aren't as good I'm sure for metal tones. :cry:

You'd hear a great improvment in tone using a real Tubescreamer before the POD (instead of the Screamer model), this is what Kazrog does and it sounds awesome.

Ohhh, you mean using other effects units outside of the PODxt, and connecting that shit together with it!? Very interesting. I'm in no hurry to load up on new equipment though...but that'll happen over time.

Static said:
Yeah, my metal tones sound like shit compared to the samples I hear everywhere.

My PODxt is plugged into a small mixing console which is line-ined to the soundcard. Hopefully that setup isn't making it sound worse or something.

How is your PODxt connected to your comp, if you use it for recording? Just pondering ways to make it sound better...I'll have to get those packs though. Grr.

I connect the POD to my interface (Edirol FA-101), although I use the USB function of the POD when I need to.

Static said:
Ohhh, you mean using other effects units outside of the PODxt, and connecting that shit together with it!? Very interesting. I'm in no hurry to load up on new equipment though...but that'll happen over time.

Just the tubescreamer before the POD, it sounds much more organic than the model.

My POD is always connected via the USB, but the sound goes line-in through the soundcard...

I wouldn't mind someone showing up randomly and putting an awesome studio in my bedroom. By all means, please do...

Hehe, that's the vibe I get sometimes when I post here. It's like everybody has high-end ESPs, Gibsons, Schecter's with EMGs, with assorted Kranks, Peaveys and Mesas, and I'm here using Guitar Rig, with my guitar run into my PC using my fucking Boss ME-50 as a preamp :lol:

Static said:
Hello, I've never posted here before, but a few of the people I talk to regularly (such as Moonlapse, and Death's Acre) are known to frequent this place. I used to run with the Seriously Off-Topic crew before that turned to shit...and I make music and are interesting in all the production stuff that you guys talk about 'round here.

I'm not particularly familiar with Andy Sneap or the bands he has worked with, though I have an Arch Enemy album and some other things he has probably been involved in here and there, but I think it's pretty cool this place has so much discussion about production and such. Seems a good den of knowledge, so I might start visiting.

---

Anyways...I was wondering, how important is it to have the extra packs for the PODxt? There is the METAL pack (sounds important to me), the classic amps pack (also sounds useful), and the FX packs. I'm not fully happy with my metal tone, and whenever I download what are supposed to be really good tones it tells me that without said packs I'm not getting the full sound of the patch.

It's annoying not to be getting the most out of my PODxt. And if I'm not so satisfied with the metal tones it has for me right now, will I be like FUCK YEAH once I get the metal pack?

Just wonderin'. Any tips about recording with the PODxt would also be welcomed.

And hi.

i have a podxt with he metal shop pack and fx junkie pac. the amps sound quite good ! ( the meta ones ) really heavy. there allot of presets on http://www.metallabs.com/hotplate/ that uses the metal shop and fx junkie pack. there are tones from kreator, to chimaira, lamb of god, nevermore etc.
but 1 thing, this really cool guy ( black neon bob ) have send me this preset that andy sneap made on the podxt ( guess so, it's called bndy - sneap or something) anyway, it uses a amp that's standard in the podxt ( the amp 26: treadplate dual ) and it really sounded awesome. when i tweaked with it ( allot ! ) i really got my faforite sound of all times !! so first try tweaking something out with the treadplate before u buy. if you want i culd post my own tweaked version of andy's preset patch.

wow . . i typed allot !

Moonlapse said:
Hehe, that's the vibe I get sometimes when I post here. It's like everybody has high-end ESPs, Gibsons, Schecter's with EMGs, with assorted Kranks, Peaveys and Mesas, and I'm here using Guitar Rig, with my guitar run into my PC using my fucking Boss ME-50 as a preamp :lol:

Most people look at high-end gear as an investment, much like property. When you buy something like a Diezel amp, as long as you look after it, the value will pretty much stay the same even if you sell it 5/6 yrs down the line.

Razorjack said:
Most people look at high-end gear as an investment, much like property. When you buy something like a Diezel amp, as long as you look after it, the value will pretty much stay the same even if you sell it 5/6 yrs down the line.

...AND anyway the metal pack is the way to go. Absolutely!!!

The MEsa (diamondplate), ENGL (Angel P-ball) and 5150 (Criminal) amp models are the shit!!! Really!!!

Go for it! Now!

(by the way I'm not a Line 6 endorser, I used to like the Behringer V-amp but this forum made my tonal life much better). :headbang: :wave: