Hi, folks!

Good music fan

New Metal Member
Aug 2, 2003
Just thought I would come over to say WASSUP! I'm new to this progressive music scene, but all I have to say is this music is SO FREAKING REFRESHING from the zombielike monotony of mainstream music (which I think is terrible).

Well my favorite group is Dream Theater! Saw them twice this summer they absolutely rule. I'm absolutely amazed by their musicianship.

Now the reason I decided to join this board. I have my second album by Symph X - The Odyssey (I also have V). This band is SO FREAKING GOOD. They play balls to the wall music without having to sacrifice their musical ability. I think mainstream bands need to take notes on what good music sounds like.

Hi welcome to the board. There's alot of cool people that post here and i'm sure they'll be happy to help you on your search for good prog music.
But on this board, NEVER say anything bad about SyX, coz we'll kill you (quite literally actually as i've found out:loco:)

Good music fan said:
Just thought I would come over to say WASSUP! I'm new to this progressive music scene, but all I have to say is this music is SO FREAKING REFRESHING from the zombielike monotony of mainstream music (which I think is terrible).

Well my favorite group is Dream Theater! Saw them twice this summer they absolutely rule. I'm absolutely amazed by their musicianship.

Yeppers! I started out with DT as my favorite band as well! But after delving into the metal scene, I soon found soo00ooo many other cool bands too. Symphony X, Evergrey and Adagio are my current all time fav's right now. If you want, I, as well as MANY others here can suggest more very DT and SymX-ish bands for you. (well, maybe not any other SymX, they're in a world of their own, but lots and lots of other awesome prog/power/speed/technical metal!!!)