hi, help with death metal?

Fuck yes scales and theory help, if for nothing else but speed. Personally I would like to pursue a future in music, so theory is especially helpful.

Tabs are to be shunned for inaccuracy in it's presentation of songs, but for creating scales for people to learn they are fine if used in a powertab like program where people can see and attempt to reproduce the tempo and meter.

thanks a TON, guys... great feedback. There's one last thing though. I'm TOTALLY dumb when it comes to gear. Please explain EVERYTHING about how pedals work. Do you step on it and the sound changes? How do you program it on what to change to? Do they plug into the amp? Lmfao, I am a TOTAL newbie in terms of gear... I'm not as bad at actually riffing as i sound.

Well it depends on the pedals obviously... ( what sound it makes when pressed, volume etc. )

The best thing for you to do is get the gear and then play around with it for ages

I can't believe no one suggested to him
Gorguts, Immolation, Autopsy, or Pestilence, I do think someone said Death...

ON theory? You don't really need to know theory per se' but it does help, but it can also cage some people it all depends on how you work as a guitarist.