Hi, how are you?

Sanus

Jun 10, 2006
My name is Jin and recently discovered Nevermore. I'm not into metal one bit, but I love Nevermore now! Is there any other metal bands that are worth checking out? I'm into a lot of classic rock and jazz fusion. Any help is much obliged.

...I'm smelling a little Kim Chee. Might wanna give "Venom" a listen to! Mantis is a bit "jazzy" or somewhat "fuuuuzzy" ;)

Thanks for the list. I downloaded some Dream Theater, it isn't really my thing, but Mastodon and Opeth are quite nice. The vocals are a bit harsh, but I should get used to it, ITS METAL. Which Nevermore album is the best? I've heard This Godless Endeavor and Dead Heart in a Dead World. What am I missing?

I was riding in a car with my girlfriend's dad and he put on some Nevermore. I didn't like it at first, but by the time it got to Sentient I was practically head banging!

Sanus said:
I was riding in a car with my girlfriend's dad and he put on some Nevermore. I didn't like it at first, but by the time it got to Sentient I was practically head banging!

Just for the record, NO guy ain't dating my daughter if he's not head banging from song one...Ooooooh "practically". :b

Devy_Metal said:
this godless endeavor and politics of ecstacy are worth buying before dreaming neon black.

Retard.

Check out Mercenary, new Enslaved, Pain of Salvation (best band ever), Evergrey,Green Carnation, Dark Suns, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Sonata Arctica, Wintersun, and My Dying Bride for a wide range of what metal has to offer. These aren't all favorite bands of mine but I think it would be a good exposure to metal for you.

If you are into Fusion, then you definitely need to check out Cynic. There are a LOT of bands, though. I mean, a lot. And I don't feel like making a list right now. XD But check out Cynic.

A Trace Of Blood said:
Pain of Salvation (best band ever)

I just might agree with you. Definitely one of the best. Oh, by the way...are you going to try and get one of Gildenlow's special Element guitars? ^_^