highschool kids covering Opeth

not bad at all.. vid looked kinda shit. Noticed one of the guitarists has a similar model jackson as i do. Tones were very close though.. im actually a little impressed.

I'm impressed too! If I had people like that to play with in high school.....man, it would've been great! instead, it was like me and 2 other dudes that even LISTENED to death metal. but yeah, good performance, that was interesting

suislide - are you talking about that guy's Jackson SLSMG? i have that guitar too. it's great.

Yea.. i have the flametop version of it. But yea, since im at college theres a bigger amount of people that listen to metal.. fortunately two of them are my band mates :)

Not half bad.

I loved how the bass player, like me, suffers from "bands don't sell tour shirts in sizes less than large and he's a skinny guy" syndrome.

awesome performance....yeah not the hardest song to play...sitll godo for tehm.......bringin some rela metal to teh amsses...!!!...or alteast thier HS..haha....still very impressive....the singer had a Mike -esque grolw actually...PEAC EOUT

Hehe, that's pretty cool. Kinda depressing though, since during high school I kept nagging all my musicians friends for about 2 years before the end to get up and do some Opeth covers, but it never happened.

As forementioned, not very hard to play, but I still think it sounded great! The vocalist did a wonderfull job too. Although, he's not Mikael Akerfeldt :lol:

It seems the majority of us have had the same problem. I'm practically the only person who's even heard of Opeth around here.

I wish there were some kids in my highschool like that! No one here has even heard of Opeth- they're missing out. Even the self-proclaimed "metalheads" (who I've never seen not wearing a metallica t-shirt) have no idea who Opeth is.

Mumblefood said:
I dislike that song. And the part they showed was the most boring thing Opeth ever wrote. I don't really know what's impressive about it either, it's not like that section is hard to play.
dot

The singer had a great growl. I liked how he didn't know what to do with himself during the instrumental parts so he kept on just headbanging and then brushing his hair back.

Also the solo wasn't really played well (toward the end of the video).

But still an admirable performance.

Yeah! That was cool. And even if that's not the hardest song to play by Opeth, it's still hard to play any simple song as tightly as they did... and the mid-song riffs aren't that easy either. Too bad the quality was crappy. And yes, the singer had an amazing voice. Great job by the drummer too on the double bass drumming.

Forest-of-October said:
\ The vocalist did a wonderfull job too. Although, he's not Mikael Akerfeldt :lol:
....And what makes Mike so much better? I thought the kid did a great job at the death vocals. I personally don't see the fuss over Mike's death vocals. Sure, he sounds evil...but so do many other bands. I won't get into the name game this early though (see how the fanboy responses play out). :D