Hints of.......

Sticks

New Metal Member
Sep 27, 2002
Visit site
Since I got into Enchant the obvious Rush, Marillion, Saga nods stand out, but a couple bugged me....

...until tonight, playing BOAE on the headphones, they came to me in an moment of
:OMG:

Firstly, Jeff Buckley... 'Under Fire' especially.

Secondly, Tears For Fears.
Check out the riff of 'Flat Line' - Very 'Working Hour' :headbang:

Both :cool: bands, so I wonder if the band are tuned into them and got inspiration?

Anyone else notice other less obvious 'nods' as well?

Doug and I both love Tears...in fact I was just singing along with Elemental on Sunday(definately one of my desert island picks) as for Jeff Buckley, I haven't heard enough of his stuff.

I have seriously wondered if Hoobastank are Enchant fans? I picked up their album awhile back and it never ceases to amaze me, one song in particular, that sounds rather Enchant-like to me. Just the overall construction of the song fits the Enchant scheme.

Maybe it's just me, but I really dig it. :D

Korg I know the song your talking about, it is kind of cool, there are a few others I hear as well, it is a good thing that many bands are influenced by one another.

I love Tears for Fears as well they are awesome. Jeff Buckley? not sure about that :) but everyone hears something differant? thats cool? Hey there are parts that bug me too, and then I like them? it is weird?

There is a lot of great stuff out there as we all know, you just have to look harder these days because there is a lot of crap as well. That goes for all kinds of music.

It is usually about the song, complete the complete package.

EP

Originally posted by ebass
Hey there are parts that bug me too, and then I like them? it is weird?

There is a lot of great stuff out there as we all know, you just have to look harder these days because there is a lot of crap as well. That goes for all kinds of music. EP
Maybe I should have been a bit clearer, sorry I never meant to suggest the song bugged me :oops:, quite the opposite, 'Blink' is my album of the year! :headbang:

I was trying to say, parts of your songs were in my mind going "I know that from somewhere" :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, it was really appreciated and unexpected!

One last thing, get on tour here in Europe with A.C.T and Saga and send me to my grave happy! :)

Hey no worries my friend

I know what you meant, thank you for the post. We all hear differant things! And our music has so many influences.

Hey check the other one I just replied to as well.