Hiring Dan Swanö?

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
It seems to me that a lot of people with bands on this forum have hired Dan to mix and/or master their releases. I've been working on a record of my own and started wondering if anybody (particularly Dan) can give me information on how to hire Dan for this task and what the cost is usually. If there's a business email that is best used for this please let me know and I'll send my questions there!

Thanks!

Perhaps it might be an idea to open a new sticky thread with Dan / Unisound-things, especially of course the link to the site and the contact. Alternatively it could be included in the Dan-FAQ. It is Dan's forum, this info should be somewhere fixed at the top :)
Another (additional) option is to fix the link at the top of the forum :cool: (but perhaps that better to a NG-page).

SC is a must, but you knew that already. Tip o' the hat, SIR!

Yea that's pretty cheap by all standards I've seen. 600 euro is like $866. Average high quality mastering I've seen offered was about the same or more money (and it wasn't from people like Dan, who you know you're gonna get a great product from and even some name recognition which certainly couldn't hurt hehe)

well, we'll see what happens. i've only just started recording new stuff, so i'll cross that bridge when i get to it. but i am, for sure, thinking about outside help for mastering. tried it myself with my own software; it is a bit tricky to get right

well, we'll see what happens. i've only just started recording new stuff, so i'll cross that bridge when i get to it. but i am, for sure, thinking about outside help for mastering. tried it myself with my own software; it is a bit tricky to get right

Remember you're paying regular studio prices for a goddamn legend to master your stuff, and one of the best out there. To get someone as good as him in other places would be a lot more expensive.