HM2 Hardcore Mix Crit

Jun 15, 2014
Nashville
Hey guys. Here's a song I've been working on for the band I joined not too long ago. We're running HM2s and HM2 sounding pedals. I personally am using a DOD American Metal through a Soldano Hot Rod 50 but a Lone Wolf Left Hand Wrath is being made for me at the moment. Very stoked. Let me know what you think. I've been trying to balance out the low end big time.

Attachments

• 7.28.16.mp3
    4.2 MB · Views: 23
Cool song, I would love to hear it with vocals. I just did a quick listening in my phone headphones. I find the cymbals have some ear piercing frequencies quite annoying to me. Nice OSDM guitar tone man, and the low end sounds good to me :)

It's always nice to see some HM2 stuff around here, god I love that pedal!
as for the mix, as Another Guitar Dude said there's something a little too agressive in the cymbals, and they are maybe a tad too upftonr too...
Apart from that, the mix is pretty clear and one can definitely hear everything that's going on which is cool, but it lacks a little bit of cohesion, I couldn't explain better what I mean by that sorry...

Nah, I know what you mean. I'm actually reworking it as I've been watching this mixing course and it's already sounding miles better. I'll share the NEW mix when I'm done! Thanks again.