Holma Quits Hypocrisy

Master_Debater

Usurper of the Goat
Jan 19, 2004
Olympia, WA & Dallas, TX
www.garageband.com
HYPOCRISY guitarist Andreas Holma has officially quit the band, according to a posting on the Swedish group's web site. Holma apparently left the band because he is "not motivated anymore" and is no longer interested in touring." He will now concentrate on his own project, the details of which have yet to be revealed.

HYPOCRISY will be utilizing the services of DARKANE's Klas Ideberg as a session guitarist for its upcoming North American "Machines At War Tour" with FEAR FACTORY, SUFFOCATION and DECAPITATED, which is scheduled to kick off October 26 in San Francisco, California.

Tägtgren previously stated about the upcoming trek, "FEAR FACTORY are close to our hearts. 'Soul of a New Machine' was the influence for me to start my other project, PAIN. What people don't realize is that the first tour HYPOCRISY ever did back in 1993 was with them and CANNIBAL CORPSE in Europe. They've really done a lot for us to make this tour possible, so yeah, we're looking forward to giving everything we've got while we're up on stage. It doesn't matter if there are 50, 200, or 500 people in the audience. We're ready to give everything every night."

For a complete list of upcoming HYPOCRISY shows, click here.

HYPOCRISY toured North America earlier in the year with NILE, SOILENT GREEN, RAGING SPEEDHORN, DECAPITATED, and WITH PASSION in support of their 2005 acclaimed release, "Virus".

From the Hypocrisy website...

Getting ready and geared for the US & Canada
hello

We're getting ready to go to the USA and Canada soon and are looking forward to meeting all the people again and also to tour with fear factory again, the last time was 14 years ago.....swooooshhh ... time flies.

We will have a stand in guitarist for this tour "klas ideberg from darkane".

Andreas Holma decided to quit the band because:

"i'm not motivated anymore and want to concentrate on my own project and don't wanna tour anymore"

See you all out there!

peter

All I can say is... Meh!

he was a cool guy. quiet, but still it's too bad we wont get to see him this tour.

Cheers to ya Andreas! hope to hear of your other project soon!

actualy the recent thread said that holma has quit to join soilwork, he has quite but i dont think he has joined soilwork, hypocrisy can easily find a better one than holma

pff , fuck soilwork. if he wants to make shitty soilwork'esque riffs I'm glad he left. Hypocrisy will get someone dying to make some great Hypocrisy style metal and be even better

exactly hypocrisy for me are the only fuckin death metal band that brings out albums that are amazing and diffrent and when they get another guitar player it will be even better

year i loved virus i had ride my motercycle 15 miles just to get it on release date and it was bloody worth it

misery speaks

i must admit, that new hypocrisy somehow lost their touch...well, at least the touch i used to like.
music is still great and i will never stop listening hypocrisy, or say such stupid things Master_Debater did.
you can never tell what will come up next out of peter tägtgrens brain, so i just can't wait for the next album, and the one after the next...