Holy shit, why has no one posted this band?? No bullshit metal

indecizo

Jun 11, 2011
Ovid's Withering is freaking amazing yet I haven't read anything about them in this forum. They have a really unique sound and voice. I swear this is one of the few newer metal bands that don't sound like someone else. They play fast and technical riffs combined with low tuned polyrhythm wankery and neoclassic synths.

Just listen to these first songs, you'll get hooked. At the gates my ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, i didn't got hooked.... Vocals annoys me, loud and everywhere, overwhelms the music, keyboards are nice (the only thing i liked), but buried.

errr... cant tell if trolling or not. sounds like rings of saturn with loud synth lines instead of wacky guitar pro wankage.

I think that at first glance it does sound like the typical technical deathcore, kinda BOO beats but after taking a good listen they sound pretty unique, the note choices at most parts are amazing although there are some cliche parts here and there. The songs get better if you keep listening. At the gates style already sounded overdone by 2008, same drum patterns and song structures. To each his own, horses for courses, etc.

This is much better than most of the bands that get posted in this forum. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Hardcore/djent/deathcore mixed with classical shit it´s just something of bad taste. Its ridiculous, not appealing at all.

They're good at what they do, but they don't sound very fresh to me. I think I'm just getting burned out on overly technical stuff. Sure, it sounds difficult, and it's probably fun to play, but it's not grabbing me as a listener. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for the work that goes into this kind of stuff, but at the end of the day it's just not very interesting to me. I'm getting very grumpy and picky in my old age.

they're good but it's very tiring to listen to. They have good ideas, I wouldn't say they are as generic as most of what we hear these days, but I was not hooked at all. The singer is annoying, he can't shut the fuck up to give way to the music. I think it would be better if it didn't have that signature current wave guitar sound, and didn't try to over-complicate their songs.