Honestly...Does Anyone Hate Amon Amarth???

i did meet 2 fellow metalheads who don't like amon amarth, but of course, their reasons are justified and they did say it in a mature manner.

as for me, amon amarth is a band that truly captivates what a metal band is and should be, progressive (not the likes of in flames and metallica), staying true to what they create, acknowledging and respecting history (namely, metal), talented, broad appeal amongst many in the metal community without losing their grounds, and on top of it, just amazing guys (except ted lundstrom, my apologies, bad experience when they were in my neck of the woods).

herjesus said:
And a bit off topic...Patric...Entombed -Clandestine kills any Dismember album...bleeargh

Aaaah... :Smug: I'll discuss this with you over a glass of Famous Grouse...

tal shiar agent 930 said:
i did meet 2 fellow metalheads who don't like amon amarth, but of course, their reasons are justified and they did say it in a mature manner.

as for me, amon amarth is a band that truly captivates what a metal band is and should be, progressive (not the likes of in flames and metallica), staying true to what they create, acknowledging and respecting history (namely, metal), talented, broad appeal amongst many in the metal community without losing their grounds, and on top of it, just amazing guys (except ted lundstrom, my apologies, bad experience when they were in my neck of the woods).
Dude, couldnt have noticed... Is this a romulan logo in your avatar? you naughty trekki.... :)

I'm Metallica fan, but i'm not really into metal anymore these days, more into "world music". I only listen to a few metal bands which I think are "special". I thought the name Amon Amarth sounded great and that's how I ended up on their site, listening to their music and liking it very much.
Other bands that I like are Apocalyptica, Rammstein, Sepultura, and a weird band called Melechesh, they play "mesopotamian metal".

I let some kid listen to Amon Amarth and he said "Why is the devil speaking to me?" I was laughing. But hey he didnt even dislike them.