HOORAY for computer swap meets

Dave_Mustaine84

Boogies Woogies
Nov 27, 2002
MillPark, Victoria, Australia
i got a cd for $10 which has the first season of Family Guy on it, all 14 episodes :headbang:

there were more too, but i had no money :cry: like Futurama, South Park and The Simpsons + the 2nd season of Family Guy, i don't know i had to go with Family Guy because of Stewie the baby, next time i'll probably get Futurama

Speaking of which, they just raided a pirate DVD warehouse in Geelong yesterday. A huge haul of approx $80,000 worth of shit confiscated.

I drive past that place every day on the way to work :)

Sydo said:
Speaking of which, they just raided a pirate DVD warehouse in Geelong yesterday. A huge haul of approx $80,000 worth of shit confiscated.

I drive past that place every day on the way to work :)

hah cool! :)

POLICE SMASH RACKET

dvd.jpg
The shop in Charles Street Newcomb which was raided by police.
Monday, March 10
GAVIN BOX

AUSTRALIA'S largest manufacturing centre for pirated DVDs was yesterday shut down in police raids at Newcomb and Hoppers Crossing. Four officers from Geelong CIU and one officer from the Australasian Film and Video Security Office executed the raids about 11am on a shop in Charles Street, Newcomb, and later at a home in Hoppers Crossing. Australasian Film and Video Security Office director Stephen Howes said the seizures represented a major coup. ``This was the biggest local producer of pirated DVDs in Australia,'' he said. Seized in the raids were 4000-5000 pirated DVD-Rs, with an estimated street value of $60,000 to $80,000, along with a ``small factory'' of recording equipment at the Hoppers Crossing house. Among the pirated DVD-Rs seized were current movie titles Lord of the Rings: The Twin Towers and One Hour Photo, along with movies not yet out on cinema release. Mr Howes said the security office and Victoria Police had been investigating the source of the pirated DVD-Rs since before Christmas. ``A lot of the product was finding its way to markets in Laverton, Dandenong and Geelong,'' he said. ``Victoria Police executed a number of raids but at that stage it was only the sellers that were turning up.'' The Australasian Film and Video Security Office arranged for private investigators to carry out surveillance operations in Melbourne, which ultimately led to yesterday's raids. Mr Howes said the seizures would have a major impact on the pirate DVD-R industry, estimated to cost the Australian film and video industry $200 million a year. Australian production of pirated DVD-Rs is said to have skyrocketted after a highly successful clampdown on imported pirated films by Australian Customs. ``Last year we had 56 people facing charges as a result of piracy, which is more than double that of the year before,'' Mr Howes said. ``The problem is escalating. You shut one door and they try to get through another.'' Mr Howes appealed to consumers not to buy pirated films, because they ruined local employment and the film and video industry. He also called on the courts to take a harder line on offenders, saying that courts seemed reluctant to impose penalties prescribed under legislation. Under the Copyright Act, DVD pirates can be fined up to $60,500 and/or be jailed for five years for each movie title illegally copied. A Hopper Crossing man is expected to be charged in relation to yesterday's raids. The AFVSO hotline is 1800 251 996
http://www.geelonginfo.com/readarticle.asp?articleid=6439