Horror DVDs

Nah I don't Koich... One of my mates has one though. A double disc thing, first disc is a best of all their Argento movie scores and second disc is live.

I just picked up a double disc of Silent Night, Deadly Night part 1 + 2. I haven't seen part 2 yet, but the first one is pretty damn awesome. Had a few laughs, heaps of boobs and the killer was awesome. 2 thumbs up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just want to point out the best thing that happened in the movie though. This bird (Linnea Quigley ;) ) was getting all up ons with her boyfriend downstairs. She hears a tiny jangle and assumes it's the cat wanting to come inside. So she puts on a pair of tiny shorts over her undies... and goes upstairs TOPLESS to answer the door TOPLESS. Of course, Santa Claus is waiting with an axe and gets rid of her...

The coolest thing was though... after a while, the boyfriend realises she's been missing, so he goes upstairs to look for her. HE PUTS ON A TOP TO DO THIS. THE GUY PUTS ON A TOP.

:lol:

Oh how I laughed.

But hey, I definitely wasn't complaining!

Trixxi Trash said:
Nah I don't Koich... One of my mates has one though. A double disc thing, first disc is a best of all their Argento movie scores and second disc is live.

I have a retrospective, and that's all I can find.

ceydn said:
So she puts on a pair of tiny shorts over her undies... and goes upstairs TOPLESS to answer the door TOPLESS. Of course, Santa Claus is waiting with an axe and gets rid of her...

The coolest thing was though... after a while, the boyfriend realises she's been missing, so he goes upstairs to look for her. HE PUTS ON A TOP TO DO THIS. THE GUY PUTS ON A TOP.

Gotta love movies like that. :)

Watched a DVD the other night called Reeker. It started out well, but then seemed to die off into a standard yet enjoyable B grade horror. The ending was pretty awesome though, so it pulled through. Good stuff.

I watched one called BOO a couple of weeks ago...that was rather poor.

A group of young people go into an old haunted hospital on Halloween to try and scare the girls of the group, but end up fighting off the ghosts, getting possessed, etc. It was an alright idea, and was far from the worst horror I have seen, but yeah.

Reeker was good though.

Oh yes, I know the one. It was ok, but not exactly memorable. They kept doing stupid things, which was no surprise. The usual guys with their idiotic bravado...

Boo was shocking! Lauded as those who brought you Dog Soldiers...
don't touch it.

Trixxi, you summed up Argentos lot quite well, I've not seen all his work but what I've seen I do agree.

Fuk yeah! I reckon i've seen most of the stuff bar one or 2 that you reviewed and you were pretty spot on. The Card Player was the last one I saw of his. Dying to see Sleepless, I didnt realise SBS had been screening it, have to keep my eyes open Terror at the Opera style;)

You cant go past Demons etc either!

I went to The Astor on Monday night and they screened a double bill of the original Hills Have Eyes, and Zombie (aka. Zombie Flesh Eaters on DVD/video here).

The Hills Have Eyes was an old Australian print from the 70s obviously, faded and scratched really badly but it kinda made it look even cooler! But being a '70s print also meant it was the cut version, so I assumed Zombie would be cut too coz that was butchered as hell when it was released at the cinemas here in 1979!

But with Zombie, somehow they got their hands on a brand new uncut print and it was unreal to see the mother of all Italian zombie flicks in its full glory on the big screen!! I looove that movie! Fulci takes a long time to really get it crackin' but when it does it's great. I still think the zombie makeup & the gore effects look about a million times better in this than they do in Dawn Of The Dead which was Savini's work!

I wish they'd play more 70s horror doubles at The Astor!!!! It's the best cinema... I gotta start going more often seeing as I can walk there now! $13 for a double feature (of films you don't get to see at the cinema) on the 2nd biggest screen in Melbourne is great value! Plus with the added atmosphere of seeing it in a huge old fashioned 1930's theatre just makes it even better.

They were talking about Australian horror films on JJJ Saturday around lunch time. Did anyone hear that? It was quite amusing to hear that Body Melt is being released on DVD. The only person I know who has that movie is Simon from Abramelin. I was at the airport with some girlfriends when they were filming that and we ended up as extras. A case of being in the wrong spot at the wrong time there. :zombie: :lol:

Body Melt yes! haha Seeing Harold from neighbours as a mad doctor was brilliant enough. I havent seen that movie for ages! I know my local vid store has it, I might have to rent it again.

i'd almost forgotten about that movie but the title is pretty memorable, however I dont recall a thing about the flick!