Comfort Inn
8800 West 159th Street
Orland Park, IL 60462
708-403-1100
$69.99/night + 10% tax includes continental breakfast and there is a bar
5.19 miles or approx. 8 minutes from venue
20 rooms blocked

Here are a few more hotels that may be available but
there is not a Powerfest deal with them..

Fairfield Inn
18511 N North Creek Dr
Tinley Park, IL 60477
(708) 633-1050
$94.99 + 10% tax includes upscale continental breakfast
3.95 miles/6 min from venue

Hilton Garden Inn
18335 Lagrange Road
Tinley Park, IL
(708) 429-2266

Holiday Inn Select Hotel & Convention Center
18501 S. Harlem Avenue
Tinley Park, Illinois
(708) 444-1100

The following appear to be sold out, apparently there is some
other event happening in the area that weekend:
Hampton Inn - Tinley Park
Wingate Inn - Tinley Park
Comfort Suites - Tinley Park

Is anyone here staying at the Comfort Inn or the Sleep Inn? I have a car, so I don't need to take up any of the "nearby" rooms... I'd rather leave those for the people who need them. Plus, I'm a breakfast guy, and Super 8 Motels usually offer bagels or something for "breakfast", whereas the other places will probably have something worth eating. ;)

It is a moral imperative that any and all carnivores visit Ricobene's on 159th and have the breaded steak sandwich. A moral imperative, I say!
I'll have to do just that. I'm sure I'll be a regular over at White Castle as well .. love them sliders. I'll be ready to eat by then as well ... the Dan Marino Nutrisystem will surely have me burnt out by then.

Britt

This will be our (mine and my boyfriend's) first Chicago Powerfest and we're really looking forward to it. We will have a car, but will have driven a long way from Baltimore to get to the festival, so I was hoping to find a hotel nearby so we wouldn't have to drive to the show each day. Maybe we'll just rent a car for the weekend and save the worry of running up milage on one of our own cars.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed to (recently) find out that the Chicago Powerfest is not actually in Chicago, but in a suburb of Chicago. I guess the "Mokena Powerfest" didn't have as nice of a ring to it. (Granted I'm not from the area, so I could be wrong, but that's the way it looked on all of tha maps I've seen.) It also seems that there are not a whole lot of hotels within close (walking) distance of the venue.

On the upside, I like that there have been pricing deals worked out with some of the nearby hotels.

I guess it is what it is though. Hopefully the venue will make the extra driving worth it.

The hotels are right across the street. The city is like a half hour to 40 minutes away. If you get up early you can easily make it to the city and check out stuff for at least 4 to 5 hours and make it back in time for the show. The good part is that the Pearl Room is right by major roads so you wont get lost.

:lol: Trust me, my wife would know why I think she is hot... (@) (@) :lol:

All joking aside, I really do dig what I have heard from Benedictum, and am looking forward to seeing them. I need to pick up their disc...

Hey, I think she's hot, but from what I've read she also seems like she'd be a cool person to meet. And I love her voice - closest thing to Dio I think I've ever heard. Uncreation is amazing. :headbang:

why...she isnt all that great looking

WTF is your issue? Do you EVER have ANYTHING positive to contribute, or do you like to be here just annoy the fuck out of everyone?

Besides, isn't this fest SUPPOSED to be about the MUSIC? Does it realllllllllly matter what band members look like?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think she is pretty. Looks aren't the only thing that go into beauty. Do you really feel it's necessary to post that "she isn't all that great looking"? In any case, Benedictum kicks MAJOR amounts of ass, not because of Veronica's looks, but because there are five VERY talented PEOPLE in the band.

Since you brought the subject up, what do YOU look like?

:rolleyes:

WTF is your issue? Do you EVER have ANYTHING positive to contribute, or do you like to be here just annoy the fuck out of everyone?

Besides, isn't this fest SUPPOSED to be about the MUSIC? Does it realllllllllly matter what band members look like?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think she is pretty. Looks aren't the only thing that go into beauty. Do you really feel it's necessary to post that "she isn't all that great looking"? In any case, Benedictum kicks MAJOR amounts of ass, not because of Veronica's looks, but because there are five VERY talented PEOPLE in the band.

Since you brought the subject up, what do YOU look like?

:rolleyes:

I have plenty to contibute...I am very vocal and an honest person when it comes to my interest. I think it is just funny that people are getting excited over Benidictum for having a female singer. I dont judge a band by how hot the singer is, I judge them by how good they are by song writting ability.

I dont post here to bug people. Sorry that I am not a sheep and folow the masses or always have to agree with eash persons post. That is what the Prog Power board is for.:lol:

I like lots of things. I have a wide variety of interest. From Music to movies to comics. I have very distinct taste and I like what I like and HATE what I dont like. Through the years I have delt with having many enemies within the music scenes that I have been in because I dont lie with liking certain bands to fit in. I am excited to see Thurisaz and a few other bands at the fest. There are more bands I want to see this year than just the one last year...Nocturnal Rites.