Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Fredrik Andersson - AMON AMARTH

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thor26

Mar 25, 2010
Danmark
I always wondered how can musicians take care of their work with their bands and still have side-projects in form of featuring alongside other bands?
Let's take Fredrik Andersson for example:
He's the drummer of This Ending too. How can he remember all the tracks (of both AA and This Ending) and does he tours with This Ending too? If yes, how in hell he gets time for it??? How does he have both time for AA, This Ending AND free-time???

On another note, I'm a huge drumming fan and I'll like to see what you guys think through this poll I posted. I know that there are extraordinary many good metal drummers out there, but I just chose five who -in my view- are among the best.

Which drummer do you guys think is best?

Of course I voted for Fredrik, we're in the AA forum so there is no other acceptable choice :lol:. I do like his style of drumming very much (of course going hand in hand with the rest of AA's music, just fitting together very well).

Unfortunately there's no time for him to do full-blown tours with This Ending. That's really a pity...would love to see them live one day. Also their vocalist Marten (how the hell can you put the ° on the a with a keyboard? :lol:) is a nice guy. Met him at Bloodshed over Bochum and talked with him for a while.

Fred, of course. then Joey, then Jukka...

Fred has the best mix of speed, Timing and melody. plus all the cymalwork and the little ghost and off beat shit he does is fucken insane. I love it.

Thimon said:
Of course I voted for Fredrik, we're in the AA forum so there is no other acceptable choice

Haha…of course. Love Fredrik too. The best of all. Right now I’m watching Wrath of the Norsemen. Once sealed in blood, Jeez what drumming Fredrik does! Totally awesome!:headbang:

Mårten you mean? Hehe…:D

DamageInc. said:
Fred, of course. then Joey, then Jukka...

Fredrik is the one and only as far as I’m concerned. Then I’d say:
2. Tommy Portimo - SONATA ARCTICA
3. Kai Hahto –WINTERSUN
4. Julius "Jukka" Nevalainen – NIGHTWISH
5. Joey Jordison – SLIPKNOT

I like Daniel Mullback of SABATON too.

some really good choices...i choose kai "the grinder" hahto! who the hell picked joey jordison? cmon!

Mårten you mean? Hehe…:D

yeah exactly :lol:

On Topic: Of course there could be some others in th choice as well. But for myself I don't understnad too much of drum techniques and stuff like that, so I would always choose the drummer of one of my favourite bands. So my choice would be rather focussed on how I like their drumming not on how good their technique is compared to others ;).

well, if we go for the Guys he left out this thread is gonna turn into a "name a drummer" Thread.... wich I would like :D

but ya, George is insane!!! so is derrek Roddy and hundrets of other guysI could name a couple Jazz and independet guys that blow away just everybody else

edubzwho said:
who the hell picked joey jordison? cmon!

Hehe…that’d be me.:) C’mon, the lad is good. One of the best 20 on the metal scene I’d say. Needs some growing up, it’s true, but he knows his drumming.

How can he remember all the tracks (of both AA and This Ending) and does he tours with This Ending too?

Musicians hear and think music like you do with words. When writing, learning, and playing something it gets as deep in your head as language.

At the same time, there are threads of consistency that may not be apparent to non-musicians. Example: a standard double-bass section, with 8ths notes on the cymbals, quarter notes on the snare, and 16th notes in the bass drum is 24 total notes per measure. At the same time, it's really one simple, repetitive musical phrase. Using that kind of technique, it comes down to memorizing the order of sections in the song and learning the more unique parts. That's the easy part. Playing it, on the other hand...:worship: