How Did You Discover Orphaned Land?

yaz said:
Yes it's worth the extra money it costs !!!! Great acoustic versions of songs from their first 2 albums.
Cool, it seems like I can't find the regular version of Mabool on the net, I can only find the limited, funny :p!
I will give you my experience of the album, a review once I get it :)!

I was surfing on the Centurymedia web site, and felt attrracted to the name Orphaned Land, listened to ''Ocean land'', and the rest is history.... :Spin: :worship:

my boyfriend, Cagri, loves OL so very much and started to make me listen to them..
by the fest Rock The Nations, i absolutely became a fan of'em.. and by knowing each member, i started to adore them !

Last year I was lokking to the CD's in a local store and the cover took my attention cause the font of Mabool is very similar to hebrew and mabool is a word in hebrew so.... i bought it :D

Nice to hear the stories from the newcomers! You see here what internet can do for a band- espcially if they are from a far region.
I am also surprised by people knowing the band from sampler cd's. I think it is worth checking out to get them on some more samplers! I hardly listen to all the free cd's handed out in festivals iand stuff. Only when there is something on it I laready heard the name of- then I listen to it. Should check out the samplers more often maybe.....

A few years ago when Rotting Christ's A Dead Poem came out, I heard 'Of Temptation Born" on the bonus cd that came with it. I fell in love with both Kobi's voice and the musical style, and got the rest of the albums. Then Mabool was released a few years later and has since become my favorite all time album.

Hi all !

Wow, for me that was a bunch of years ago !
In fact, I was in the french underground in the 90's and friend with the Holy Records people, and I have always been interested in the hebrew history, culture and all this stuff ;)
This is therefore natural that I was amazed by the Sahara album. That was, mmhh, in 1995 :D

I saw them last week in Montpellier on the Paradise Lost tour, after 10 long years of wait for at least one gig in our country, that nobody was waiting for anymore... I have never seen such a happy audience, and such a happy band onstage...

umm they day I discovered orphaned land...
it was about grade 6... i was at a so called, "party".
and one guy brought the album "El Norra Alila". I was listening to it, and i didn't like it at first but that there was a kind of a click in my head an i said to myslef, "hey... they're actually pretty good!". And that was the day i got into metal.
I know that most people begun from linkin park (the ones who were young when linkin park came on stage), but i owe my enterance to the metal, all to Orpahaned Land. Thank you!

Well thanks to the internet and me being curious about if there are any good israeli metal bands I found Orphaned Land. Seeing as I'm Jewish as well that kinda helped, my dream would be to see them when I go to Israel next year.

poolvärd said:
A few years ago a good friend of mine read the same thing you named, checked a some songs out and told me he liked it. So I downloaded something myself and, after a little while was taken away by "El meod na'ala". We have even performed with it, our class at school had to do something for Teacher's day, so we thought of acting different classes, me and my friend were the Religion class, were we just sang "El meod na'ala" to the whole school. That was quite a fun although we both can't really sing. :D

this, somehow, reminds me of my singing action in Berlin, three weeks ago, hehe

i was in school one time
and i saw my friend going with a mabool shirt
back then i didnt listen to metal (im in metal for only like a year and a half)
so i began to see that the letters of mabool are in hebrew
so i said to myself
a good metal band (my friend always had a good taste) and israelian too?
so i bought mabool and that was the best band ive ever listened to(one of many , but still my favorite)
ever sence ive been listening to mabool and the other cds
and then i realized that there was a song in sahara
that i always didnt know its name or the name of the band
that i liked since i 5th grade (the beloveds cry ofcoursE)

and btw
we learn hebrew culture in our school (like every school in israel)
my worst subject.........

but it can get interesting from time to time

It was back in 1994, after the release of Sahara. A friend of mine from spain send me a tape. I've been following the band eversince. My wishes came true last june the 1st, when i had the change to see them live in Lisabon.
Forever orphaned... the storm still rages inside!

Head Banger told me about them, but now I'm ahead of him since I got Mabool. :tickled: Yes HB the acoustic is a must have. Same thing here in america, there was no regular edition.