How did you discover Subterranean Masquerade?

PhlegethonVeins

Autopsy Obsessed
May 3, 2005
WI
I was looking for one of the Agalloch EP's on the end records and Temporary Pyschotic State was listed under the 'things to check out' bit after the Agalloch stuff. Seeing JWW was involved I decided to give it a try. I had no idea what I was getting myself into... :D

The End is my favorite record label, so I just check out every band they have signed. That's all there is to it.

The EP was pimped all over the Israeli metal media here. Hardly anyone didn't know of it's existence. So, after reading about it (and getting very interested in the process), I bought it. Now I have that to blame for my frustration at not having the full-lengh yet...

Frosties said:
The EP was pimped all over the Israeli metal media here. Hardly anyone didn't know of it's existence. So, after reading about it (and getting very interested in the process), I bought it. Now I have that to blame for my frustration at not having the full-lengh yet...

you can order the disc on our site brother, you get a signed poster with it as well :hotjump:

I was browsing Metal-Archives.com in search of Metal bands with a sombre touch to it, like Opeth, Agalloch, Sculptured. Got to SubMasq via Sculptured, that's it I guess. Been quite fond of Jazz/Metal bands for the past few weeks, also Farmakon and Ephel Duath. :)

Submasq said:
you can order the disc on our site brother, you get a signed poster with it as well :hotjump:

Bah, I'd love that, but I don't use PayPal. Long story. If I could pay straight from the credit card I'd do it, but I couldn't find an option.

Until then, I'll wait till I can order it from Yishai...

The TPS MP3 on The End's homepage. I love the bursts of double-bass drumming. Their lack of a presence on SAD is probably the only dissapointment for me (although they probably wouldn't fit if they were there).

I think a long time ago, someone on the Opeth Ultimatemetal forum talked about them. It was in an Agalloch thread because I guess Agalloch's bass player used to be in Subterranean Masquerade so someone mentioned the band. The description of the band was that it was supposed to be very artistic and ambitious music, so I of course, being a fan of arty and ambitious music, did not hesitate to check out the band. I orderd the ep off the end records right away. I have a couple mp3s from Suspended Animated Dreams and I will buy the album when I get my next paycheck!

I bought the 'Temporary Psychotic State' EP randomly from The End because it was cheap and looked cool.....loved that, so I preordered 'Suspended Animation' from The End before the release. That same blind buy purchase was also where I blindly bought Scholomance's 'The Immortality Murder' also because it was really cheap....especially for a full album with two discs.

the GameFAQs.com Metal Board, and on Metal Archives.

Everyone was like "WOAH MY GOD! ITS LIKE MAUDLIN!!!!"