How do record Room mics

There's this new* company called A.I.R. Microphones that came out with some ribbon mics. I can get them pretty cheap so I might have to give 'em a try as room mics. I've tried all kinds of room mics and techs but usually it's a wide AB pair that seems to work for me.

*= same old chinese mics re-labeled...

I use anything that's around after the rest of the kit has been mic'ed, but the distance, method etc. depends entirely on the room. If it's a nice, large, great sounding diffused space then you can basically put them almost anywhere and have a great sound. Thing to watch out for is cymbal bleed, so if you can point them towards the walls, floor, ceiling etc. that will help in reducing direct sound. Placing them lower will emphasize the drums and cut out more cymbals (which can be a nightmare in room mics).

I usually put 2 Rode NT1's or NT1000's in the far corners, facing into the corner, away from the kit. That way you get a lot of natural "pumping" already and not much cymbals.
I run them through my TLA PA-1 tube pre into distresoors (stereo linked), 6:1 ratio, fast attack, fast-medium release, about 16 db reduction.

In the mix I usually highpass between 80 and 120 Hz, and sometimes lowpass as low as 5 kHz, sometimes not at all.

I almost always start my mixes with just the room mics and blend the close mics in, one by one. And always check the phase reverse together with the kick, snare and overheads to see what sounds best.