How do these specs sound for the V that i'm building

hammer_smashed_face

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2004
Actually , me and my father are building it . I'm coming up with the specs , and he's doing all the electronics and everything.......
I'm basing the looks off of Kerry King's signature BC Rich V , which looks pretty damn cool , i think . So (and this is to anyone who knows what they're talking about , especially) , tell me how you think this'll sound/play . I'm hoping that this'll be able to cover aggressive tones such as SLayers or Cannibal Corpses , and warmer tones like John Petrucci's .

Body Material : Mahogany
Body Color : Solid Black (with white "tribal art")
Neck Material : Goncalo Alves (or hard maple , as 2nd choice )
Fingerboard : Ebony
Frets : 24 (jumbo frets)
Scale Length : 25.5"
Inlay : Pre-cut Abalone Dots
Headstock Style : Widow (like Warlock headstocks)
Headstock Color : Black
Hardware Color : Chrome
Tuners : Grover Rotomatics
Pickups : EMG 60 in Neck position , EMG 85 in bridge position
Bridge Type : Licensed Floyd Rose double locking tremolo
Controls : 2 Volume , 2 Tone , 3 way selector switch

Generally, B.C. Rich guitars, and especially the Vs, look so much better with the standard ASM headstock. But then, that's my personal taste.

Honestly though, why do you need 2 tone knobs? You'll be better off with just a single volume knob and a 3 way switch.

First off , so when I switch pickups in the middle of a song , if its a fast switch , I can have both of my pickups set up how I want them each to sound . And , also , when I'm using both pickups at once , I can have one of the tone knobs set up to enhance (or simply compliment) the other pickup well .

but , how do you think the guitar should sound overall . And , I'm sticking to the Widow headstock :p

because , first off , I want to have the experience of building my own guitar....a good guitar to be proud of making . I'd probably save money making this rather than buying the guitar and upgrading it , and the guitar still wouldn't have some stuff I wanted (mahogany body) .

........can someone just tell me how they think it'll sound ?

Well, the Mahogany would sound nice with a Dimarzio Super Distortion or SD Distortion... The EMG may rob some of the tone of the wood and repalce it with it's own... though you can hear differences in wood tone with emgs, passives are much better at conveying it.

Should sound fine.... hope your project comes out well. Post pictures when you're done!