How do you do artificial harmonics?

AlexiFollower

I R VIKING!!!!!
Dec 7, 2001
Far from it all
Visit site
on all the sites i go to, the way they explain artificial harmonics is the same way you do pinch harmonics, so are they the same thing or is there a different way to do them(which is what i would think). if anyone has a link to a video of how to do it(or all the harmonics) please show.

you can do pinch harms on 5, 7, and 12 also, they are just the sweet spots for naturals too

:lol: yeah but the only thing is. . i suck, i know technique but i cant do it. . .:lol:

Pinch harmonic is a seperate thing from the AH + 5/7/12... I've seen people do them, you do something with both hands on the fretboard. On my computer the harmonics aren't correct anyway, but I think it might be my MIDI (4,5,7,9, and 16 are the only ones... what about 2,12,19,21,22,24 and all the other semi-harmonics?)

Those harmonics are played when you tap slightly above the fret and you pick at the same time.
ie you pick the note with the pick between the thumb and middle finger and use the finger that's free to slightly touch the string on the intervals(4,7,12)

wtf?

i always thoguht pinch and artificials are the same thing...

@bloody-so HOW the fuck do u do those again?!! any examples in songs?

K-z-H said:
wtf?

i always thoguht pinch and artificials are the same thing...

@bloody-so HOW the fuck do u do those again?!! any examples in songs?

Check out any live vids from Children of Bodom, that's one of Alexis favorite tricks, I havent seen a video of him when he doesn't do it. :Spin: It's like picking a note but you hover your finger above the string to where it is bearly touching it, it's better to do it right above the fret wire, you usually get them easier that way, oh and you get them on the intervals bloody mentioned.

OMG I cant make them ring.....its so frustrating. Does it matter what pickup I choose? So I just slightly touch it with my thumb? Its so hard I cant believe alexi does that all the time...in the middle of solos.....fuckin GOD that guy, GOD!