how do you do pinch harmonics?

SilentNightThrobbongNight said:
artificial harmonics are done by catching the string with part of your finger on your picking hand just as you play the note. dont know if that made sense to you but it did to me :)

Artificial Harmonics are when you have one of your fingers on your left hand fretting a note, then putting your picking hand at the note that's an octave(12 frets) higher than that, then holding the pick with your thumb and middle finger with your index lightly touching the string, then picking it. Yeah. Basically what you just said, you just didn't mention that your picking hand had to be an octave higher than the note you were playing.

What I do for upstroking a pinch harmonic is hold the pick with my thumb and index finger, then rest my middle finger on the nail of my index finger, then pick it and my middle finger will lightly touch the string.

Elysian893 said:
i got a friend who does them with an upstroke, but he can't do em with a down... i'm trying to develop a technique to do up and down, i'll call it Alt. Pinching when i get it figured out...

I learned doing the AH's with my nail somehow (without a pick) and i'm able to do them up and downstrokes if i use a pick.

Alt piching aint as cool as it sounds though :p

ok now i have to say something to mr elysian893..!

i read a lot of thread on that forum and everytime i saw a message from you it was always bitching someone or shits like that.

i dunno if ur are like that in ur real life but man..... if u are, ur a real dickhead man and you probably dont have a lot of friends ....

i would like to say: stop bitching people like a litle dick or jsut shut the fuck up

dilema1362 said:
@bob....instead of whispering, its more fun to yell out "RODEO!!" and have your friends pop out of the closet w/ capguns and cowboy hats. it adds to the whole ensemble.:tickled: :tickled:

lol.gif

bobbilly said:
ok now i have to say something to mr elysian893..!

i read a lot of thread on that forum and everytime i saw a message from you it was always bitching someone or shits like that.

i dunno if ur are like that in ur real life but man..... if u are, ur a real dickhead man and you probably dont have a lot of friends ....

i would like to say: stop bitching people like a litle dick or jsut shut the fuck up

Elysian has earned some respect here...u havent

bobvex said:
pitch harmonics sound like ghost harmonics, and im still not sure if that accurate.

there are at least 3 types that i know of - artificial (pinch), natural, and ghost
What about tapped harmonics?

Elysian893 said:
i got a friend who does them with an upstroke, but he can't do em with a down... i'm trying to develop a technique to do up and down, i'll call it Alt. Pinching when i get it figured out...

I figured it out, sorta, trying to learn Stillborn by BLS. I curl my index finger on the backside of the pick and hit the string around where the first knuckle is. I can do it pretty easily on the wound strings, but on the plain ones, I can't get it to work right. I'll take a pic of my fingers how I hold the pick.
(excuse my n00bish picture skills)
1.jpg

2.jpg

@elysian
I'm tryin to do the harmonics on the November 16th riff, i can't do them as high pitched yet, im doing pinch harmonics...is that what you did?

Rock Hydra said:
I figured it out, sorta, trying to learn Stillborn by BLS. I curl my index finger on the backside of the pick and hit the string around where the first knuckle is. I can do it pretty easily on the wound strings, but on the plain ones, I can't get it to work right. I'll take a pic of my fingers how I hold the pick.
(excuse my n00bish picture skills)
Go clean your fingernails you pig

ok i think i almost got it down, i go from under the string and go up kind of and it makes it much higher pitched.