pinch/pick harmonics reamped,and Hello

Manicompression

doing it for the kids
Aug 20, 2007
Cleveland OH
Hey everybody, Ive been chilling around this forum for the last month or so, just reading what everyone has to say, and its been inspiring and enlightening to say the least, So BIG THANKS off the rip. Something that has been on my mind that I havent seen covered is pinch harmonics in the process of reamping. I am just getting into DAW recording after spending the better part of the last decade on a tascam 8 track, so excuse my lack of tech engineering dude jargon. I use alot of pinch harmonics and stuff when I play and the one time we did a dry track for reamping in the studio a couple years back, We ( the engineer and I ) found that allthough usefull as the technique was my pinch harmonics didnt pop the way they did in the non reamped track ( I believe he split the signal on the way in via direct box but im not sure ) Did he probably do something wrong or is this common I guess is my question, Also if this is common how do you guys get around it ?

it could've been how you set the amp, the type of amp, etc. I find tube screamers really make pinch harmonics pop.

I don't think is the guys problem, because he split the signal into both the di and the amp, and on the normally recorded track, the harmonics were fine, so the amp isn't the problem.This reply would have been fine if he was just recording a track normally, and not reamping (not meaning to sound like a dick).

Ok, back to the question, I've not come across this, but was the ReAmp output set to match the level of the guitar when it was plugged straight into the amp?

Im pretty sure it was level but like I said it was a couple years back and I wasnt running the show ( engineer-wise ). SO this isnt a common problem to run into ? I dont usually run an overdrive before my Mesa dual Rec, Ive tried it and I kind of like the results, but I kind of dont either.... maybe I just havent found the right one, Anyways if I were to use one would I want to run it before splitting it ? would a hair of gain on the reamp channel help the pinches exist better the second time around ?