Pinch Harmonics with a Pick Clip

Chethan

New Metal Member
May 16, 2012
Hey Chris,

I just made a pick clip by gluing a thumb pick with a Dunlop tortex sharp pick. I am pretty happy with it.

I was just wondering if you could play pinch harmonics/ squeelies while wearing it.

I've also been picking a bit deeper and scratching my bridge pickup especially when i have to strum and play riffs. Is there any solution to avoid doing this?

Thanks
Chethan

hey,

I did the same thing myself!! Not really possible to play pinch harmonics properly when using it. Not sure if you know this but Chris actually designed a pick clip where you can attach/detach/reattach any pick you want in any position (giggidy) that you want. And I'm pretty sure it allows you to play pinch harmonics too, as far as I know they'll be able to buy from his website within the coming months.

If you're scratching the bridge pickup its probably because the picks just been glued a bit to far down the thumb pick, you may need to make another one or just gently take it apart and re-glue in a way that's right for you

How's the glued pick working out for you? I've been thinking about doing that, but haven't gotten around to it. I feel like the pick would never be in the right place. I think I've figured out a way to "temporarily" fix a pick to cut off thumbpick to get the placement just right before permanently gluing it. Anyway, that may all be a waste of time now. I just noticed that chrisbroderick.com got updated... and now has a Store link... Hopefully, Chris's pick clip will be available soon...