How Do You Feel About Veganism?

@CiG

being a vegan isn't an "ethical perspective" it's someone being a dumb-ass and ignoring the fact that human bodies are designed to eat meat

a hundred years ago, the people in charge of slaughtering food-animals would have been totally horrified by the cruelty-to-animals videos that the crazy-cult-groups now use to try to convert the world into becoming vegans,

humans have been eating meat for millions of years and the severe types of cruelty appearing in the vids didn't even start happening till a couple of decades ago,

a hundred years ago the people who ate meat every single meal would have killed people over the cruelty in the vids and knowing about the cruelty would not have changed anybodies diet,

a hundred years ago,
nobody in charge of slaughtering food-animals could have ever gotten away with anyone finding out about the cruelty that's in these vids because they would have been lynched by the other people in charge of slaughtering food-animals

in the last post
i separated the sentences just to make sure my point was clearly articulated

Real talk, the solution is that you hunt your own fucking food. I don’t do that just like I never wore a mask during the pandemic or took any precautionary measures whatsoever. Getting vaxxed was easier than wearing a mask honestly. Still need my booster shot so I can be a big boy.

I’m sure cig is here to give some bullying remark. Have at it you slender, luscious, alpha male you.

I would front you with many a male prostitute but unfortunately we live something like thousands of miles away? Wish I could be of more help.

But, while we’re at it, let’s get one thing straight bitch. I have, ya know, conversations about you wanting to send something to a certain someone while they had you blocked. Might wanna calm down on the bullying eh? Unless you don’t care that is…

But, while we’re at it, let’s get one thing straight bitch. I have, ya know, conversations about you wanting to send something to a certain someone while they had you blocked. Might wanna calm down on the bullying eh? Unless you don’t care that is…

lmfao who the fuck are you?

I don't think anything bad about vegans, but I think it's not for me. I like everything and I don't want to limit myself with anything.

Vegetarianism is a personal choice. It has health benefits and drawbacks, and imo ethical benefits (a lot of this is due to factory farming and the fact that eating a lot of meat isn't really necessary for our survival/quality of life), but I still eat meat. I would like to eat less, and maybe become a pescatarian or something but that isn't practical for me right now.

Veganism is a philosophy that opposes using animal products, and teaches that we should eschew them entirely. This includes unnecessary animal testing, and also non-foods like leather. It's fine if people want to live by the vegan lifestyle, and while I do think conscious consumption and limitation of meat in our diets is good, I'm not so sure we're at a point where absolute veganism would be ideal. Maybe in a near future where lab grown meat is readily available and indistinguishable from regular meat, it would be. I think that if we as a society can mostly agree that killing or harming animals for food is unethical, we should look at this as more of a systemic issue. We should do more research into lab grown meats, improving conditions under which animals are kept, creating vegetarian dishes that are suitable for mass appeal, raising awareness etc. As for individuals, I don't think it's anyone's fault for eating meat, but eating less is always a good idea so long as your diet remains balanced.

Veganism is one thing, but humans don't even treat other humans well. I've seen the must-see documentary Dominion (2018). It reminds us that life for the workers slaughtering animals can be a bit miserable as well. Rather than being shocked much at all, the doco actually made me laugh a few times at the absurdity of existence. Aussie workers calling animals "cunt" and hurling them around etc.

I'm fairly indifferent to meat and I like the idea of moving away from most animal products. If I went vegetarian, about the only things I'd truly miss are salami, gravy and pork roast. The main thing that keeps me eating meat is just convenience. I hate cooking and when I live alone I just go for the laziest processed/cook in the oven for X minutes products. There's only a couple of vegan ones I like that are reasonable value for money, so after I move back to Auckland I might eat meat 4 days a week or so. I may never give up cow's milk as it seems to help my health. Rice milk is the alternative that still tastes good, but it didn't have the same effect.

Reactions: PrincessHades
again
human bodies are designed to eat meat
can't count how many times,
in just the last month,
the moments where i felt pretty sick and eating just a few bites of meat made me feel a whole lot better

again
human bodies are designed to eat meat
Survivorau GIF by Australian Survivor

I have tried some vegan food and it is quite tasty. My sister is a vegan and I often cook something that both I and she can eat. I also often look at partner pharmacy to buy some vegan vitamins for her. It brings her joy

Last edited:
"ethical perspective" should not control diet
your diet should be the diet that keeps your body intact

I tried it once, but felt terrible, like I lacked energy. Also, I started experiencing issues with my teeth and nails. Maybe I did something wrong.