How do you tighten the low end?

Guitars sound ok as far as low-end goes in that clip, but they also sound a bit phasey and mono (in fact, the whole mix kinda does)

Actually, now that the next riff kicked in, besides the mono/phaseyness I actually am kinda diggin' this tone, and the riffing is sweet too!

An on topic, I happen to like some cabinet "thunk" in my guitar tones, I think it's all about striking a balance (meaning, maybe trying some multi-band compression on the excessive woof factor on palm mutes, rather than just bringing up the HPF - all depends on the tone in question of course, just something worth trying anyway!)

@Metaltastic - But does the overall mix seem too muddy? Also if its sounding so mono how would i approach fixing that considering I've got 4 guitar tracks all FULL panned. I've got a S1-Imager on the main mix I thnk or at least on the guitars to give it some more width.

Advice?

GET RID OF THAT S1 IMAGER - there's my advice :D That certainly explains the phaseyness! And maybe try muting two of the guitar tracks (and bringing the other two up to an equal volume; quad-tracking of course can work fantastically, but just give two tracks a go and see what you think, personally I prefer it!) Honestly though, I don't find it particularly muddy

Im seeing a lot of hi passing, but is this really the way to do it?

is it better in many circumstances to hi pass a bit and then use multiband to tuck in yet preserve the sound of the guitar.

how hi pass do you do drums? whats done with overs and room mics, do u treat differently?

do you low pass overs?

What about bass, is it common to low pass?

These are all circumstantial, but im starting to feel asking questions gets u knowhere eventually as really you just gotta try everything till eventually you start feeling the road.

I think you hit the nail on the head dude

I could tell you to high-pass, low-pass, multiband compress or what the fuck ever, but until you sit and fuck with an EQ and get a feel for what doing certain things will do to your tracks, it's all for null, because your actual understanding of how an EQ operates at your fingertips is what sets you apart from a kid with some waves plugins.
These are all things you'd discover yourself in time if you just sat and fucked about for a bit longer rather than just asking, and there's nothing wrong with asking and getting advice for settings, as long as you understand why such settings are used in certain circumstances rather than just blindly dialling in someone's settings then it's all good.

But anyway. I high pass overheads at 500hz and room mics at 200hz. I don't low pass either, maybe make a few cuts here and there depending on the mix.

And as far as whether high-passing shit is the way to do it, it's not THE way, it's just one way. It's like the difference between two stylish coats or some shit. They're both awesome as fuck, just different. So yeah, go ahead and fuck with multiband on the low end if it gets you good results (cos at the end of the day, if it sounds good it doesn't matter how you got there) but I'm just gonna high-pass shit personally. :)

Im seeing a lot of hi passing, but is this really the way to do it?

If you want the clarity on the lowend, yes. I usually highpass everything (or atleast the majority of the instruments) except the kick and bass from atleast 80-100hz depending on the instrument. and lately I've been highpassing the kick from 35hz and the bass from like 60-80hz but compensate it with a lowshelf boost and I kinda like where it gets me.

how hi pass do you do drums? whats done with overs and room mics, do u treat differently?

close miced drums: I put a section on a loop with the drum, then put the highpass on, raise the frequency slowly until you hear that it looses the balls, then go back about 10hz (this method of course requires that it has the balls in the first place)

overheads vs room: I tend to highpass overheads really high, like at 400-600hz, but with the room mics at 80-300 depending what the mix needs. I want to capture more of the cymbals than the drums in the overheads and get the natural reverb effect from the room mics.

do you low pass overs?

I usually don't, because I want something in the +8khz range and cymbals usually sit there nicely in my mixes

What about bass, is it common to low pass?

depends on the mix and the sound that the bass is emitting. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Again, until it sounds good and fits the mix

This is also a good thing to check out: http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm

edit: and also what Gareth said, it wasn't there when I started typing.