how do your wives/girlfriends feel about your constant G.A.S?

My partner is very supportive towards it all really. She even helps me pay for shit as I'm useless boyfriend

I don't act on GAS because I'm pretty poor, but regardless, I used to mention stuff I wanted to buy, and my gf thought I should spend money buying her replacements for gifts I gave her that she didn't like, rather than on music equipment. Likewise, we aren't together anymore :D

Currently single. And still have minimal equipment haha

The mere mention of buying something turns into an argument usually. :(

But I usually win the argument, so... :D

I have 3 kids and a house, so her thoughts are that I should invest any leftover money into the family / house - which I agree with, but... sometimes you gotta have what you gotta have. We've been together for over 15 years, so she can deal with it most times, thought she may not always like it ;)

same here. The thing is that i never win :bah:

My wife's happy as long as bills are paid. She's stoked on most of the music I record, so all smiles here. : )

my wife is my guitarist and she feels happy every time a mix of our band turns out better than the last one so it's all good

Same here!
Just replace wife with GF and guitarist with vocalist/bassist
But she won't let me get a 4th guitar :lol:
Haven't told her about my G.A.Sing for a Diezel Herbert yet though^^

If your girlfriend has input into how you spend your own money you're doing it wrong. Wife/kids/house is a different story of course.

No girlfriend for the win. I haven't had a girlfriend for years to be honest, out of choice because it's easy meeting girls, but it's hard to find a girl who's going to appreciate your interest in music. Had dated girls in the past who always wanted me around, and I'd give up some of my extra time that I used to spend practicing playing guitar (so I was only getting in about 30-60 minutes a day rather than the usual 4-5 hours pre-girlfriends).

These days, what with my interest in audio engineering, weight training and being a guitarist (and eventually a regular bass player too when I finally buy a bass), I would need a supportive girlfriend more than ever, because when your lifestyle revolves around a lot of just practicing things on your own, reading a lot, lifting weights, you just can't afford to have a girl who wants to drag you to a nightclub all the time, or constantly wants attention, because it just wont work.
My ex would even sometimes make a mockery of me wanting more stuff and wouldn't understand why I would need a good, fairly expensive guitar. Bitches like that can fuck right off back into the hole they came from.

My g/f just walks in and says 'oh, you bought another ugly thing... was that there last week?... I don't think it was...'

She's a lot like the ideal one described by Harry. Not exactly supportive though, more understanding, or tolerant. Doesn't always demand attention, and at least tries to come to terms with me doing insane hours at times.

My wife is pretty cool about it. She'd much rather me spend money on recording gear than be on tour and be broke and never home. She gets that you have to spend money to make money. Amps are the biggest thing she throws a fit about because "you already have 3...". They are stacked up and are unmistakable even for a layman.

My wife is pretty cool about it. She'd much rather me spend money on recording gear than be on tour and be broke and never home. She gets that you have to spend money to make money. Amps are the biggest thing she throws a fit about because "you already have 3...". They are stacked up and are unmistakable even for a layman.

Oh yeah, I hate that.
From my mom or some female friends "Why have you got another guitar?".
I usually just say something silly, because I figure that telling them that they sound different because of the pickups, wood, construction is just gonna leave a blank, confused look on their faces haha

My girlfriend definitely supports me GAS.

Only last week she bought me this Jackson out of blue because i was on the look-out for a Rhoads

MT2.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

For my birthday last year she went halfs with me on a Les Paul 1958 Re-issue :yow: (It was my 30th and she wanted me to get something id always have and keep)

DSCN0372.jpg

And for the Christmas before that she went halfs with me on an Axe-fx !

AxeFx.jpg

So she definitely doesnt have a problem with my GAS (although i dont think she understands it at all) She feigns interest and listens to my excited ramblings when i get a new piece of gear but all the guitars are the same as far as shes concerned and she prob cant hear any difference between the Axe-fx and the PODxt i had before it :D or the 5150 and my Marshall. All the same as far as shes concerned

After I got the Bugera last ngiht

My G/F said "This is the last amp you are buying this year!" I cant complain though this year has been full of gas and new purchases she hasn't said boo to me about.

So far this year:
2 - 19" LCD's
1 - Epi EJ200 she bought for me
2 - Celestion Vintage 30's
1 - 5150
1 - Krank Rev Jr
1 - Blackstar HT5
1 - Avatar 2x12 Cab
1 - Saffire Pro 40
1 - Behringer ADA8000
1 - Bugera 333XL

Various Cables, Picks, Strings

SSD Platinum
Trigger Platinum

So all in all I would say it was a very good year!

After I got the Bugera last ngiht

My G/F said "This is the last amp you are buying this year!" I cant complain though this year has been full of gas and new purchases she hasn't said boo to me about.

So far this year:
2 - 19" LCD's
1 - Epi EJ200 she bought for me
2 - Celestion Vintage 30's
1 - 5150
1 - Krank Rev Jr
1 - Blackstar HT5
1 - Avatar 2x12 Cab
1 - Saffire Pro 40
1 - Behringer ADA8000
1 - Bugera 333XL

Various Cables, Picks, Strings

SSD Platinum
Trigger Platinum

So all in all I would say it was a very good year!

Good thing theyear is almost over. Only 2 1/2 more months until you can get another amp! HAHA! ;)

No girlfriend for the win. I haven't had a girlfriend for years to be honest, out of choice because it's easy meeting girls, but it's hard to find a girl who's going to appreciate your interest in music. Had dated girls in the past who always wanted me around, and I'd give up some of my extra time that I used to spend practicing playing guitar (so I was only getting in about 30-60 minutes a day rather than the usual 4-5 hours pre-girlfriends).

These days, what with my interest in audio engineering, weight training and being a guitarist (and eventually a regular bass player too when I finally buy a bass), I would need a supportive girlfriend more than ever, because when your lifestyle revolves around a lot of just practicing things on your own, reading a lot, lifting weights, you just can't afford to have a girl who wants to drag you to a nightclub all the time, or constantly wants attention, because it just wont work.
My ex would even sometimes make a mockery of me wanting more stuff and wouldn't understand why I would need a good, fairly expensive guitar. Bitches like that can fuck right off back into the hole they came from.

Amen. Stay on the path of the righteous.

Women... can't live with them, can live without them.

What I can never fathom with women is..

why the fuck do they need so many fucking pairs of shoes and infinite number of handbags?!

Back