How get your bass to sound like a fucking sledgehammer?

this, I have not had something other than Nigel/preflex on my bass in over 2 years now and I dont plan on changing.

Just look on Ebay for a UAD 1 card, I got mine for less than $150 USD
plus I use the card for far more than just bass.
I use the fuck out of the Pultec eq on there and the 1176 and LA2A are amazing to have and they all act differently than the Wave's versions, its nice to have a little variety.

Hey Seth i have a UAD1 too and Preflex is amazing. What are you doing post on your bass after Preflex?

Hey Seth i have a UAD1 too and Preflex is amazing. What are you doing post on your bass after Preflex?

Usually a little cut at 1.5k and a HP/LP into a limiter for taming and thats about it. It sounds amazing on its own and doesnt need much work once you dial in something nice and strong

distorsion is ze shit, the new TSE B.O.D. kicks butt on a highpassed track whilst keeping a tight clean DI low-track compressed and multibanded to shit.

I think I found something interesting while searching around. This is an old post so I'm pretty sure this
has changed. (But it's only a starter after all)

here's a starter for you UAD users

UAD Preflex Mono

Compressor section:
-30 gate
-20 compression threshold
ratio 6:1
attack (medium, but varies from player / song)
release (fast, but varies from player / song)
engage the "boost" button

Preflex section:
-pre-
lo 6
mid 6
high 9
color 6
bent 6
-post-
lo 0
mid -9
hi +6
output 0

amp - A: bassmon or gemini
bright button turned off
morph 100% to the LEFT

turn the cab off

gemini tends to work better with cleaner stuff, and active pickups sound great on this
get new strings if you're missing some attack. go to the source before tweaking knobs. blue steel strings are nice on passive pickups. bassmon rocks for the grunge gain.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/8095356-post10.html

Edit: I didn't realize this was already posted on another thread. But oh well! :D