How i heard of them

panbodom

New Metal Member
Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
I was on the message board for like king diamond or black label society and people were talkin bout who the best guitarist was "ever" and abunch of people said dimebag darrell, abunch said zakk, abunch said steve vai, etc...., than some guy was all, alexi laiho, this is like 2 years ago, and basically everyone in the chat was like wtf, who is that, including me, after reading up on him i was immediately hooked on bodom, howd u all find out bout them :hotjump:

hey also for u fellow bodom fans, what are some good "underground bands" that u listen too, i need some good ones cause all the ones i used to like, including cob are gettin so big!! :headbang: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin:

Can't actually remember. It's been a while that I've known about Bodom, but I didn't like them up to this point. I think you could say the music grew on me over a number of years, and now its all cool.

Underground bands? LOL. Just check the flyers on local music stores and pick out some no-name metal bands. You're sure to be the king of the tr00ness party :lol:

BAck in 2000 or earlier, cant remember actually, Ive d/loaded whole 12mb pack of mysongbook tabs (when the layout was still yellow it could be done :p) and I checkt snbn tabs. It sounded interesting with the first vocal line of "In the eve of their death" so Ive d/loaded whole song via internet. Then I d/loaded all, bought several tapes and cd's. Then I got internet at home so Ive starded posting on two previous boards, then came this one (2 years ago) and that is how I got into them...

About underground bands, hmm, never listened to any really, cob isnt underground, maybe he was 2 years ago, now everybody knows this band (not the members separetlyl). I heard Hatebreeder album sime time ago in a local musi shop... Imagine, 2 years ago nobody knew them, and now, fucking everyone :p

I listen also pretty much to Soilwork, Nightwish, Persuader (this is the one you might not know), Nevermore, Stratovarious. But that isnt so common in my player. Look at my sig fella :)

I think it was '99 when I first heard stratovarius at my cousin's place . I wasn't really into metal back then , but I liked stratovarius , and later he had some bodom and I was like : :OMG: wtf? This kicks ass big time .

Back in '99 a friend of mine run into my place with Somehing Wild screaming: "DUDE! CHECK THOSE FUCKERS OUT!" since then, no other band impressed me more than COB :)

Mmh, in 2000, or 2001. At that time I was into limp bizkit and all the nu metal stuf :p but if my interest for guitar wasn't clearly present, it was hiding in the darkness...
My neighbour made me listen to Tokyo Warhearts. At that time I found Alexi's voice awfull and didn't really hook to their sound because of that. The song I listened the more was War Of Razors :p (AT that time, I thought the system of a down singer screamed too much :p )
But soon my interest for guitar came out of the darkness, and I went back to my neighbour to take the CD, and from then listened to almost only COB for 2 years :p

BodomPrincess said:
My good friend introduced me to Bodom a while back :)

Oh... now which good friend is this? Could this be me? :D

I forget how I came across Bodom... I think I had gotten into gothic metal, and I was searching for good melodic metal bands online... and I think I used one of those lists on Amazon.com... like "So you want to get into melodic death metal?" or something stupid like that... haha. Anyway, I downloaded Northern Comfort and immediately after hearing that, I was hooked... downloaded ALL their shit.

I'm not good with underground bands. I'm really quite a CoB newbie... I was seven years old when Something Wild came out, so somehow I doubt I was into it at the time.

It think it was back in 99!!!
I was like 12 years old and a good friend lend me the DOWNFALL single!!
I listened to it and it was like :worship: !!! I immediatly went to a cd shop and buyed SW!
So that's what i can remember!!

I was on Amazon.com and came across them, I just got into them this year, um last year..so I'm quite new to them, but it seems like forever.

one of the girls i was sleeping around with back in 2000 or so let me hear some stuff...im pretty sure it was Follow the Reaper....hm...oh well! Im here now..all that counts..

i owe the discovery of Bodom and real metal all together to EvilG over at metal-rules.com ...that was way back when the site was on the old server and had mp3s from a lot of bands. well Bodom was one of them. after hearing bodom and lots of the others my ass was drug out of radio/mtv bullshit...never turning back!!!!