How long do you work for a tank of gas?

I've heard people call this The Gas Bubble, (huh huh huh) you know, that followed the Dot.Com Bubble and the Housing Bubble? Just a matter of time and POP!:kickass:

Update: Last thing I retained from NPRs discussion on gas prices. This analyst showed the host a percentage growth to time graph of the .com boom. It showed a sudden rise then fall in the stock price. Then he showed the host a graph of the same thing, only this time it was of Enron stock. When placed on top of each other, they were nearly identical. Then he placed the same graph of gas prices. Big surprise--it was matching the other two. This very well could be another bubble. I'm too young for this, and forgive me if it causes any negative feelings of getting old, but wasn't there another gas bubble in the 70s? I know there was a shortage, but was it really a bubble?

Wow....I had to drive up past Lake Shasta to go to a friend's wedding and I spent $180 on gas!!! Holy crap! If I was a bad friend, imagine what I could have done with that money!

I worked at a gas station in the 70's when gas hit $1.00 for the first time. The pumps were not built to do the math for this so we had to do it all by hand , I remember the lines were 30+ cars deep.I worked at a full service station, for those of you to young to remember................. you would go to the station and a guy (me) would check your oil , wash your windshield , pump the gas and check tire pressure at no charge.Gas will hit 7-8 bucks by the end of summer unless congresss starts allowing domestic drilling and drilling off our coast.Get your popcorn ready.

JeD

I worked at a gas station in the 70's when gas hit $1.00 for the first time. The pumps were not built to do the math for this so we had to do it all by hand , I remember the lines were 30+ cars deep.I worked at a full service station, for those of you to young to remember................. you would go to the station and a guy (me) would check your oil , wash your windshield , pump the gas and check tire pressure at no charge.Gas will hit 7-8 bucks by the end of summer unless congresss starts allowing domestic drilling and drilling off our coast.Get your popcorn ready.

JeD

I worked at a full service gas station in the summer of 78 I think it was... I remember I made $2.10 an hour haha! Cars would line up an hour before we would open. We would count off about 50 or so cars and put a "Last Car" sign on it. Then open and pump gas for about an hour and then close the pumps for the rest of the day. Then spend the rest of the day doing oil changes and pumping gas ocasionally to people who had "special" accounts. Usually company cars from different city services and a few of the owners friends. I got all the gas I needed to cruise my 67 Mustang around...haha!! :lol:

My truck's been broken down for two weeks so I finally took time away from work. So I haven't had to work at all for gas I haven't needed.:OMG: