How many CD's have you purchased this year?

Not many. What really hurt hard was that I've been to zero concerts as well. Going back to school meant cuts, and I knew that. I had pre-purchased my PPXI ticket early in the year though....so I at least have that going for me...

Zero physical CDs bought, a whole bunch of Itunes though. Mainly due to tougher finances.

I just don't understand why the industry is blaming downloading when the economy more than explains the huge drop in CD sales.

Plus people are choosing more economical means of getting music, such as Itunes, used CDs, and the bargain bin.

I may regret posting this as it might turn into something huge, but I wouldn't say the economy is to blame here. CD sales were plummeting way before the economy got hit hard. Sure, some of it affects the bottom line, but I think overall physical cd sales are just not as enticing to people as they once were. Technology is changing. I don't personally have any problems against people going the itunes way though, even though I would never do it.

As far as the industry goes, it's just one of those things where it's not just one thing; it's a myriad of reasons why it's drowning.

I would guess probably around 40-50. Although some of it is older stuff that I am just getting around to purchasing.

3 CD's. 0 Downloads.
I'm not particularly impressed with the offerings from 2010 to date.

I may regret posting this as it might turn into something huge, but I wouldn't say the economy is to blame here. CD sales were plummeting way before the economy got hit hard. Sure, some of it affects the bottom line, but I think overall physical cd sales are just not as enticing to people as they once were. Technology is changing. I don't personally have any problems against people going the itunes way though, even though I would never do it.

No question. CDs are going to become more of a niche market. If you're a dedicated fan of an album, you'll want a physical copy with all the liner notes and whatnot. If you just sorta like it, you'll download it, hopefully legally.

There's also the "now" factor. I remember checking the mail box every day when I ordered CDs. With Itunes or Amazon, I can download right now, legally, and have it.

Of course, if the CD is out of print or no longer available for legal download, screw 'em. I'm going to a torrent site. if they wanted to make money off it, they'd offer it for sale.

I can't recall buying more than 10 'ish this year. I bought 48 at ProgPower last year! My ProgPower list for this year is only about 5 or 6 right now, and without Ken & Laser CD there won't be nearly enough splurge because ..."Ken said its good..." Cd's. So I'm anticipating maybe 10-15 this year in Atlanta with maybe another 5 or so at Best Buy, bringing the totals up to maybe 30-40 total for the year. This has nothing to do with the economy and everything to do with a lack of new exciting talent. It sucks when you can't find any cd's to inspire purchases

I've probably bought around 60 cd's this year.
Maybe 15 of them was 2010 releases. Highlights of the 2010 releases are Borknagar, Triptykon and PoS.

I have bought 0 downloads, 3 dvd's and 4 vinyl records.

way too many, i have lost track. i bought 15 or so just on my trip up to see my parents in Delaware and a stop in to the Relapse offices. i hate wandering through their mailorder stacks because i find all kinds of stuff i don't need to buy, but wind up doing anyway. hahaha. like i said i am addicted. did pick up the new HELSTAR reissue though. pretty awesome.