how many metal albums do you have?

E6V6I6L

Jul 1, 2003
Concord, CA
i just finished putting together a list of all my metal albums the other night. i didn't realize i had so many. it came out to about 950 total (i thought i had only 700 or so). they're all on my computer too so i doubt a lot of you will think i actually have them (i only use mp3s, i sold all my cds).

post up what you have. i might be interested in trading some cd of mp3s if people have stuff that i want. i'll post up a list if people are interested.

heh I have like 20 bought albums and the rest on mp3. I'd buy more if I wasn't broke all the time.

I own these on cd:
Anathema - Judgement
Callenish Circle - My Passion/Your Pain
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Death - The Sound of Perseverance
Decapitated - The Negation
Dream Theater - Train of Thought
Kreator - Violent Revolution
Lamb of God - As The Palaces Burn
Nevermore - The Politics of Ecstacy
Nevermore - Dead Heart In A Dead World
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality
Opeth - Deliverance
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Testament - The New Order
The Crown - Deathrace King
The Crown - Crowned In Terror
The Crown - Possessed 13
The Haunted - One Kill Wonder

I gotta buy some more music when I get cash. Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black, Testament - The Gathering and Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down are albums I gotta have.

I try to buy all the good albums I download and (without CDRs) my collection currently stands at around the 300 CD mark, with maybe 20 tapes and five DVDs. Clearly I can't quite achieve my target due to limited funds.

Oh and how is 'South facing epitaph' Eric?

I can't say I like it actually, but I've only listened to it once. Afraid it might be too weird for me. If you're interested and have a tradelist, let me know...

I have quite a lot and the number is always increasing. Can't bring myself to type them all up right now, though.

J. said:
I don't download shit. I don't believe in it. Having a tangible item in your hand is a helluva lot better than downloading an album.

I agree.

J. said:
I don't download shit. I don't believe in it. Having a tangible item in your hand is a helluva lot better than downloading an album.

Here: http://www.cd-tracker.com/item_list_v2.asp?UserID=2248&Order_By=&Status=1&list_password=

I completely agree, I love opening a new album and looking at the booklet and actually owning the cd, I hate to look at thos CDR's with my handwriting on them, anyway, I own about 200 paid for in cash cds. I'm trying to double that by the end of the year.

J. said:
I also agree.

Eric: Well I don't really have many CDs I don't like (I usually return bad CDs to shops or swap them with friends) but the ones I wouldn't mind unloading that spring to mind are Carpathian forest's 'Defending the Throne of Evil', Scythe's 'Poetry of Illusions', Strapping young Lad's 'SYL' and Watchtower's 'Control and Resistance'. Past that rather sad group I can't think of much else.

I agree with J., it's much better to have the actual, original album in your hand than having a downloaded version. However, I still download more than I buy, mainly because I haven't got enough money to buy a lot of albums.

you can see my cdtracker link below. I think it is around 700. I havnt updated it in a couple of weeks. about 500 or so real albums and the rest are mp3. However on my cdtracker page I denote whether its a CD, Tape, Vinyl, or Mp3.

About 330 I think, vinyls, tapes, CDs and my one DVD all counted. Let's not mention CDrs or downloaded music here since they don't fucking count. The only CDrs I have are masters for tapes and Darkthrone rehearsal, I think that's it. And Mixed hits of course.

I feel really bad that I have to download all of my music, because I want to support the bands. I just never have enough money to buy more than one or two cd's per paycheck. They are $16-$18 here. Plus, you can never find what you are looking for there. (My parents won't let me buy stuff online.)

I have maybe 30 bought albums and about 220 downloaded.

It's not impressive at all. I am starting to buy CD's, shirts, and DVD's now.

Here's my collection:

CD collection
http://www.cd-tracker.com/item_list_v2.asp?UserID=7733

613 Albums (inc. 7 copied)
20 7"/12" Records
2 Tapes

I don't like downloading albums, I just prefer to sometimes download a couple of tracks just to see what they're like but often I just go on recommendation and it usually turns out good

I also don't have enough money for CD's of my own (I have 16 CD's total). My parents also don't want me buying things online. When I get a job of some sort is when I'll start buying.

Why do you need you parents to order stuff online...do it yourself. :p

Anyway I have around 250 to 300 cds...never did a list of them though. Maybe if I have the time...someday. :p

I guess I'm lucky. My parents never had any problem with me ordering online.