How many original Cds do you own?

salicylic said:
Just above 200 i think. Maybe some of you 500+ record owners could help me answer a question. Does that thing where you gaze at your collection and just wish it was bigger ever go away? :erk:

I don't think so, it doesn't happen to me at least :p .

La Rocque said:
over 1500 with about 600 of them Rammstein CDs (there's users on this board who can confirm about the quantity of the R+)
600 Rammsteinc ds???? wtf.wow from all over the world? nice collection
they are a good band but I dont own any album not even as mp3. but one of the better german ones.they deserve their success
anyway I dont have 1000 but 270 arent a bad collection:)

Oh,I feel so "small":I have only about 80 original cds,but here are cds really expensive and I have to look for days to find something of what I listen 'cause pop and all that teen things has taken over here...I mean,it's enough to say that I searched for any DT album for about a month in few cities and found only Skydancer,the only one in that cd shop from them...the rest of cd shops had ZERO...and that is situation with many bands I like here

Well,I've been buying them for 7 years now...rock and metal...I'm still hoping things will be better here, in last few months I found one really good cd shop which allows me to order things...but is still expensive as hell

I also have very expensive cds, I guess the most expensive that I have are the J-Rock ones (Malice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois) since I have to import them from Japan.

RampageSword said:
The most I ever paid for a cd was 35$ CAN. I guess I'm lucky.

The most I ever paid for a cd was... let me see... $45 US (Malice Mizer:Merveilles -TOTALLY worth it-).

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
I don't think so, it doesn't happen to me at least :p .
Yeah, i didn't think it would go away. Two of Erik's shelfs next to each other, i can see myself starting to get satisfied with that :kickass:

I had a friend once and whenever I tried to play him a new CD I thouht he might like he would always talk through it and tell me the latest CD count for his collection or the latest addition to his stereo. He had about 1500 CDs but if you asked him if he liked album X by band Y he often couldn't give you a straight answer. I own about 600 CDs and vinyls (I don't actually sit there and count them) but I do know all the music off all of them, otherwise what is the point of owning them? Too impress someone? To feel good about yourself?

Of course quality is more important! Who the hell buys albums and doesn't listen to them? For me it's the thought of having a big library of good albums thats exciting. Your friend sounds like a poser :p and kind of reminds me of one of mine.
He's of those hi-fi nerds and he spent a fortune on his stereo and he only buys albums with extremely crisp production. If an album has bad production he takes it back to the store. He wants a large collection of clean sounding records, he's not intrested in listening to them. But really who cares? Some people spend truck loads of money on cars, motorcycles or home entertainment equipment and some people buy albums.

Obviously quality is very important, but for me it comes secondary, the only thing that matters is that you like what you bought/have. If you're happy, then the quality doesn't matter so much :) .

I think I'm going to pawn a couple of Iron Maiden cds that I have, since I don't listen to them nowadays and I hate Maiden now, so it's useless to have those in my collection.

I'll buy such a f**ing good cd with that money... I can't believe what I found yesterday...truly an amazing discovery...(but I won't tell you what it is :loco: ).

rahvin said:
they make amazingly good glass-holders for the odd time when you invite the royal family over for dinner. i learned that the hard way.
haha, i'd like to know the story behind that. :p

I got the classical alphabetical-release year classification too. Except for Dark Tranquillity albums, which are on top of my wall unit :)