How many versions of Surtur Rising are there

TheCallOfKtulu

New Metal Member
Apr 13, 2006
Germany
Since I found another Version of Surtur Rising yesterday, I'm asking you here, if I already found all versions...

CD + DVD in Box with Figure
CD + DVD Digipak
CD + DVD in LP Sized Cover with Poster [Amazon.de only]
CD in Jewel Case
Picture Disc [US only]
2 LP
2 LP (Red/Black Splatter Vinyl)
2 LP (Red/Yellow Splatter Vinyl) [Nuclear Blast only] ltd to 500
2 LP (Ruby Red Vinyl) [cyclone empire] ltd to 300

Did I miss something? :confused:

There's a different Box for Europe and the USA:
CD + DVD Boxset with Figure + Flag on EMP in Europe
In the US you can get the Boxset with T-Shirt instead of the Flag

Since I found another Version of Surtur Rising yesterday, I'm asking you here, if I already found all versions...

CD + DVD in Box with Figure
CD + DVD Digipak
CD + DVD in LP Sized Cover with Poster [Amazon.de only]
CD in Jewel Case
Picture Disc [US only]
2 LP
2 LP (Red/Yellow Splatter Vinyl) [Nuclear Blast only]

Did I miss something? :confused:

Ordered!

And I thought that I'm a little bit insane by ordering the following

CD + DVD in Box with Figure + Flag
CD + DVD in LP Sized Cover with Poster
Picture Disc + T-Shirt
2 LP (Red/Yellow Splatter Vinyl)

I'm glad that there is someone who ordered more :D

Btw the flag with the cover motive is available at www.victoriousmerch.de

There is also a ltd to 300 pressings version of Surtur Rising that is being released by a small label that have been given the rights for it... The guy who is running it was with Metal Blade but is now doing his own thing.

You can get one at the below link but be quick as the guy who I know that works for Metal Massacre (not the ex metal blade guy, he's in germany) only got SEVEN of these and he has one and I bought 2 so there is a max of 4 left... Note the other editions too if you wish to buy them.

The site is generally an awesome one with FREE POSTAGE WITHIN AUSTRALIA and they have HEAPS of stuff!

http://www.metalmassacre.com.au/index.php?cPath=11&osCsid=4qgkjgjh6jk5gk5i1gai87g8p7

And yes, I said limited to 300...

Heathen_Pride said:
There is also a ltd to 300 pressings version of Surtur Rising that is being released by a small label that have been given the rights for it... The guy who is running it was with Metal Blade but is now doing his own thing.

You can get one at the below link but be quick as the guy who I know that works for Metal Massacre (not the ex metal blade guy, he's in germany) only got SEVEN of these and he has one and I bought 2 so there is a max of 4 left... Note the other editions too if you wish to buy them.

The site is generally an awesome one with FREE POSTAGE WITHIN AUSTRALIA and they have HEAPS of stuff!

http://www.metalmassacre.com.au/index.php?cPath=11&osCsid=4qgkjgjh6jk5gk5i1gai87g8p7

And yes, I said limited to 300...

looks like they're all gone... well, now's a good time to let you all know that I have a spare and would trade or sell... no biggie if not I'm happy to hang on to it but if anyone's interested just PM me \m/

haayema said:
So if I'm correct the Aussie site had 7 for sale from the total of 300 LPs?
And the others are for sale through the German sitE?

correct BUT the metal massacre site is getting in more so that number should rise, I got a text earlier today confirming that more have been ordered, they are trying to get as many as possible.

It's one hell of a ltd run!

correct BUT the metal massacre site is getting in more so that number should rise, I got a text earlier today confirming that more have been ordered, they are trying to get as many as possible.

It's one hell of a ltd run!

Well, not as limited as the limited Metallica vinyl released recently (Death Magnetic 4 LP white vinyl box, 50 worldwide), but rare nonetheless. I ordered a copy through the German site tho they haven't charged me yet...

Thanks Heathen_Pride for the link to the geman site. I also ordered one :D 16 € is cheaper than the normal 2 LP versions

@haayema: I've payed via paypal immediately after my purchase, but I have no payment confirmation from the german site yet...just the order confirmation with the payment options.

The Metal Recyler Mailorder / Cyclone Empire lable is located in Donzdorf, it's the same town where Nuclear Blast is located...coincidence?

On the site it says "iclunding Bonustrack". When anyone got his copy I would like to know if it's one the three covers (Aerials,Balls to the Wall,War Machine) or something else. Thanks :headbang:

Thimon said:
On the site it says "iclunding Bonustrack". When anyone got his copy I would like to know if it's one the three covers (Aerials,Balls to the Wall,War Machine) or something else. Thanks :headbang:

j will try find out 2day!