How often do you practice?

How often do you practice

• Total voters
huh...
I'm beginning to develop a more unique style; I might set out to write a song in a certain style (not, "I'm gonna rip off Dark Tranquility" but "I wanna write some Gothenburg stuff") and then I realize I'm not swedish and it ends up sounding weird and kinda distinct. But while it might not sound too close to anything else, it also doesn't necessarily sound like other stuff I write.

During work days, I usually only get about 15 minutes of practice a day, and that's when I take my guitar to work and practice during my half-hour lunch break. I don't practice after work or before work because I don't have the time with other business, sleep or going to the gym.

On non-work days, I can get in about 2 hours.

During work days, I usually only get about 15 minutes of practice a day, and that's when I take my guitar to work and practice during my half-hour lunch break. I don't practice after work or before work because I don't have the time with other business, sleep or going to the gym.

what do you do? That sounds like it'd be weird if you're in the break room rocking out...

I used to play like 6 hours daily some years ago. but either I'm getting old and lazy or what - now I play like 2 hours daily, in average. some days I don't touch bass and mic at all, some days I pluck strings and yell like mad hours next. this is rather dependent on my mood. though, having band practice with two bands makes me less lazy and somehow I play quite regularly.

This week I'm not able to play at all (my parents are holding my shiny new guitar hostage while I do college apps) but I'm gonna try to get into a routine in school where i'll force myself to play 2 hours a day, even if it means staying up really late.

This week I'm not able to play at all (my parents are holding my shiny new guitar hostage while I do college apps) but I'm gonna try to get into a routine in school where i'll force myself to play 2 hours a day, even if it means staying up really late.

How long have you been playing?

My parents are fuckers. Lets just get this straight. They have this rule that I can only play from 8 PM to 9 PM, or else I have to lug all my gear out to my deck, and even then I can't crank it because "It ruins their bright sunny day." When I am caught playing bass any other time inside (even with out the amp), I get my guitar taken for about a week. I could be so much better at playing if my parents actually had souls.

The solution is obvious. You must kill them in their sleep.
Seriously, that's excessive. They really won't let you play with headphones or something?

I play guitar. I've been trying to pick it up more lately, but I haven't been playing near as much as I used to :(

I probably practice about 10 hours a week or so. I don't think I ever average 2 hours a day, not for years. For a long time I think I just played maybe 5 hours a week. I probably play 1-2 hours a day on the days I practice, which is not everyday.

I used to play 6-8 hours a day for a year or two when I was a kid. I think I'm pretty decent, but nowhere near as good as I should be or would like to be.

Wow... No one here gives lessons??? I post at a few other guitar related boards & there are quite a few guys at these places who are serious players & they give lessons.

My parents are fuckers. Lets just get this straight. They have this rule that I can only play from 8 PM to 9 PM, or else I have to lug all my gear out to my deck, and even then I can't crank it because "It ruins their bright sunny day." When I am caught playing bass any other time inside (even with out the amp), I get my guitar taken for about a week. I could be so much better at playing if my parents actually had souls.

Hahahaha. Wtf?

There are days I practice for 5-6 hours a day, and then again, there are days when I dont even touch my guitar.

I aint voting because, I practice about an hour and a half a day, an option that was left out.

I practice 2 hours a day during the week (combining vocalise excercises, pitch training, studying books on theory or bel canto) and then have 1 lesson a week with my voice coach, then practice with my band twice a week. So it kinda varies but I am real strict at getting my practice time in. I feel guilty if I don't.
Aziza