How they get that distortion?

dreadnaught said:
Does anyone know how they get their guitar distortion? Especially for the Catch-22 album.
well, i dont know exactly what their rig is , but i know that Peter has used multiple guitars over the past 4 years. He was using a Ibanez 7-string on the self titled and into the abyss. I would imagine that on Catch 22, he used his Gibson Explorer and maybe his Les Paul Studio. I know that his LP studio has replacement pickups that are exposed. They look like T-500/R-496 gibson pickups, but i maybe wrong. His Ibanez has the stock pickups from what i can gather. Dont know what is in the Explorer.

Currently, Peter is using an ESP limited explorer (kinda like James Hetfield ALA 1991) with EMG pickups. Again, i dont know what kind of amps or racks he is using

cheers
Eric

it took me almost 2 years of searching but i found out what peter uses as far as amps, he used Mesa recto not sure if it was dual/triple. and he also uses Engl again im not saying what model ;) watch some videos you'll find out

IntoTheAbyss said:
it took me almost 2 years of searching but i found out what peter uses as far as amps, he used Mesa recto not sure if it was dual/triple. and he also uses Engl again im not saying what model ;) watch some videos you'll find out
You are retarded. It was a dual recto, and for the ENGL, it is a Powerball or a Savage 120.