Does anyone know how to get an Opeth - like distortion?

yea i have an old video boot of them playing in cologne germany.. i could tell they used marshalls and one of them i remember had an ibanez v and i dont remember the other guy.

I use a Fender Strat with Hot Noiseless pickups, in a Peavey Tripple XXX. I can get a very good Opeth-like sound out of this rig. I use a lot more gain though.

´d say marshall and gibson. This was before the esp "era"

>> i was mistaken then...

I use a lot more gain though.

>> that's because they layer their studio recordings i think. i am quite sure that they use more gain in a live situation...

Buying all the same equipment dosent really create a clone tone as part of the sound is the way you play. Laney is very good value for money.

So, how many differences are there between the GH100L and VH100R? I know the VH100R has some more options, like more FX Loops and two channels and the GH100L doesn't have reverb. But apart from that? Is the sound very different? I'm thinking of buying the GH100L someday, it seems a reasonable amp. Does anyone know something about them?

i just hear its a tone machine.. probably a little better than the vh is. it only has one channel if you didnt know that.. 1 channel and no reverb.