Guitar Sound

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Yeah, I have soldered electronics before, and I am going to practice on some shitty ass guitar, so I think I'll be alright, plus Ive asked many smart people if I could do it with basic soldering knowledge, and they said definitely. As for active's, that is a whole nother story, but we'll see what happens. Im not careless, so if I don't get the job done, Ill just give up and take it to the axe shop.

good times and good luck!

Sorry to butt in the conversation but, how good are DiMarzio pickups? I'm thinking of getting an X2N humbucker for my Ibanez. The reason I ask is that I hear that it's a really high-output pickup, which is crunchy, yet crystal-clear for higher notes. Thanks :D

Personally, I would never get Dimarzio's, but that's just me, they have too cold of a sound. But go try out some guitars with dimarzio's in them, and maybe you will actually like them.

Id X said:
Sorry to butt in the conversation but, how good are DiMarzio pickups? I'm thinking of getting an X2N humbucker for my Ibanez. The reason I ask is that I hear that it's a really high-output pickup, which is crunchy, yet crystal-clear for higher notes. Thanks :D

Try the Air Norton's - they're among my favorite pickups.

I have emgs in my guitar. But my other guitarist has tonezone and a paf pro in his bridge and beck respectively. The paf pro dishes out some wonderful warm clean tones. THe tonezone has a fat bite :D. But I love my EMG, the only con for it is that it sucks the mids out of your sound alot, so you have to boost your midrange quite abit.