Tech info on Opeth's Boss GT....anyone?

Hallavedet

New Metal Member
Jan 26, 2003
arcturus.rocks.it
Just curious if anyone on this board have the patch for the GT6 that Opeth (Mike or pete) use/created for their live rhythm distortion. I realize they use many, but they seem to have one main distortion, and on the dvd it sounds great. I would love to get a distortion out of my GT6 that had that much tone and heaviness all rollled in one! (I realize guitar/amp setup even choice of cables + pedal all create the sound together, but its worth a try)

Hallavedet

www.dysperium.com

I have a pretty good sounding Opeth distortion patch for a Digitech GNX series pedal, so if anyone is interested, I can post how to make it.

Moonlapse said:
Someone else posted a few days ago that Opeth turn the lows and highs on their amps down to 0 and boost the mids to about 8. Then on the GT-6 is where they have the actual EQ settings.
I have the GT6, and the manual does say to crank the mids, and leave the bass/treble at 0. Basically turning your amp's pre-amp off, in a way, and letting the GT6 do that and the amp merely power the pedal... Of course it doesn't entirely create the sound itself, the amp still has a say in the sound...

Moonlapse said:
Someone else posted a few days ago that Opeth turn the lows and highs on their amps down to 0 and boost the mids to about 8. Then on the GT-6 is where they have the actual EQ settings.

think that was me, i've said it before anyway. I tried this whole idea with a GT-3 and never got close enough to like it more then the amp itself, but for anyone giving it a shot try using those amp settings and then work with the metal distortion patch. Think it uses a 5150 model, then tweak all to hell. There are so many damn settings on that thing, but the global settings (like amp/stack, power amp, ect) make a huge difference as does the main EQ. Don't have my GT-3 anymore otherwise i'd post what I had set on it, good luck though.