How to brigter my guitar tone

This may actually darken the tone due to less aliasing under Nyquist. Guitar doesn't have frequencies which will trigger this anyway...

The way I do it is to track DIs at 96khz, using an upsampled impulse for monitoring, then convert the DIs to 44.1, running them through regular impulses. Sounds a lot clearer to me.

I always thought that boosting 400 hz and soecially 70 hz should cause lot of provlems with the bass and the kick..

[/B][/B][/B]
i agree that you should cut muddy or offending frequencies but to liven it up, i always refer to this.

"EQ ON RHYTHM GUITARS IN MIXDOWN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I usually find when mixing that i nearly always put a stereo Massenberg GML 8200 EQ across the rhythm guitars, if the sound has been recorded cleanly ie no strange fizz or bottom end boom, then the same type of frequencies tend to be boosted on most of my mixes. Frequency wise it's usually around
8-10 khz for the air 4-6 khz for the bite area, usually 1.5 khz for the in your face effect, 400hz for the note of the guitar, and around 70-100 hz to pick out the weight of the cab.The boost amount just depends on what has been recorded, just turn it till it sounds good. This method has worked on many albums i have worked on including Heartwork Carcass, Burn my eyes Machine Head, Chimaira self titled, Bullet for my valentine, The Poison."

Cut the mud out. Cut the fizz out. Your vocals are already standing out big time so it wouldn't hurt to brighten the guitars a bit. The guitars and vocals will end up complimenting each other in doing so me thinks. Cause as it stands your vocals are just kind of on top of everything. As far as snare goes? A decent reverb would be a good start and use a plate reverb with appropriately set pre delay. More importantly, make sure your snare is sitting perfectly in your mix before applying reverb. If you don't the reverb (depending on how it's set up) is just going to prolong/extend these nasty/cloudy frequencies and it will just make your mix worse. Instantly. Same for compression on snare. Subtractive eq FIRST then comp, then additive eq if needed, limiter, buss to reverb. That's how I do mine at least. Adjust to taste. Hope that helps.

btw why i have so much low freq peaks in every recorded di guitar? do you know? is it normal? i cutted a lot and i have knob totaly on left on lows