How to buy a bass guitar?

Something with P and J style pickups would be my suggestion. I have an ESP Vintage-4 and its amazingly versatile. I use it on every project.

Edit: I used to own a BTB and I liked it a lot - played really well.

THE MODEL IS BTB705DX

and no, i know the Bart's aren't exclusive with the mid boost/cut, sweep knob. they also have the aguilars preamp with mid boost/cut, and i'm pretty sure you can get a 3 band eq with the EMG's aswell, just not on the current ibanez BTB EMG loaded basses

bartolini are the best pickups for me,the but the thing is that the wood is really important in the bass guitar so you need to buy something good.
i prefer ibanez because they sound really really amazing but also they are not so expensive like warwick for example.
everything depends on your budget but the most realistic thing is to try it and dont buy something from the internet which a lot of people do withput trying the instrument

thanks for the replies. i will try to find a BTB in the music stores near me. anything else that's similar to that? just in case they might not have one. particularly within $300-$600 range, 5 string.

if you stick you're chin on the horn while you play you want to get a ton of fundamental. I know how ridiculous that sounds but it's true.
hahaha :)

I assume that this apply to the guitar too? When I was buying my guitar I noticed this by accident how it resonates really well when I stick my chin on the upper horn.

Originally Posted by Ermz
I only recommend it if you know what you're doing with processing.
@Ermz: When you say this, in live and rehearsal situation, it means that this bass need some studio processing or just more simply thing like settings right the bass and a good distorted preamp (for example)?
Or do I choose another bass for live and rehearsal?

Thank you for your response.

(Any information about the release date of the bass guide?)