How to do this in Cubase 7.5 - automation?

Sorry. I just misinterpreted your question. I don't think you can do exactly the same operation but you can get a similar result with the line tool and the adequate snap to the grid resolution.

Sorry. I just misinterpreted your question. I don't think you can do exactly the same operation but you can get a similar result with the line tool and the adequate snap to the grid resolution.

Yeah I've been using that, it's not bad but I was curious. Question was a bit to vague.

Hmm, I didn't know such a feature existed. How do get it to create the 2 points when making time selection (Reaper)? I can make a time selection, then move the fader and it works, sort of. There's an Action to create 4 points on time selection, but I'd have to assign the macro and in the video posted above, it seems as if releasing the mouse button after making time selection is what is creating the points.

Open the automation toolbar, set it for the cycle, click the 'trim' button twice so it locks. Set your locators to where you want them (you can use the marquee tool IIRC) and then write new automation; it'll set the automation points to the beginning/end of the cycle and only move the selected area.

yeah that's a bit weird...you can also click on the automation line to create a new start and ending point ("j" locks it to grid or quant, whatever you've set), then you'd need another set of points within those start and end points, select the inner 2 (just click somewhere and frame them), and drag them down both together.
Or in the object bar (if you've turned it on), you can drag the value up/down, or use the mousewheel for that.

You have to be careful to not write new values when creating the points that way though, I'm sure theres a shortcut to lock them, but I don't know it right now, haven't been mixing in Cubase for quite a while now...

You have to be careful to not write new values when creating the points that way though, I'm sure theres a shortcut to lock them, but I don't know it right now, haven't been mixing in Cubase for quite a while now...

Hold down CTRL when you place the points.

I've always wished that automation in Cubase would work like in that video, it would speed up my workflow a lot. Using Trim can kind of work (for volume but not pan...) but it's really clunky. Doesn't go by selection, only loop points, and if there is no automation written after the Right marker it doesn't jump up to the original value. So it's a lot of click-click-click-ing to make this kind of stuff.

EDIT: Still on C6.5 I should point out. Haven't checked if it's improved in 7.5 yet.