How to fry scream??

ShadyCicada

New Metal Member
May 1, 2012
I'm sorry if this is the wrong section to make a thread like this (I couldn't think of anywhere else to make it) but I'm now practicing fry screaming. I'm hoping a couple of you hear know how to use this technique cause I really need some help. I understand you have to make the door creak noise (or the grudge sound...whatever you want to call it) but I cant put any air behind it without it going away. I feel like I can only do one or the other. I can make the grudge sound and push with my diaphragm to make a fry scream...ish sound and it doesn't hurt but I also feel like I'm holding my breath and I cant say too many words without them being cut out. I'm just wondering how you guys use air to back up that grudge sound (because for me I swear almost nothing comes out). Any help would be great! :)

2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a teflon coated pan so it doesn't stick, and then heat on high for 10 minutes or so.

I had a recent dream where I was snorkeling around some gorgeous sci-fi Hawaiian beach with glowing underwater fauna and weird skeletal fish and stuff, collecting golf balls from the surface as well as happening upon those Bioshock radio things. I only remember a little audio from the last one, but it was my Holocaust-denying physics lab instructor talking about something or other, and he referred to the "frymary purpose" of something or other.

I would reccomend you go with the false chord scream if you want that vibration. Bands like I Killed the Prom Queen and Feed Her to the Sharks use false chord. You begin my flexing the muscles are the base of your throat to partially push together the bottom of your larynx. Then you push a concentrated stream of air through the passage. The combination of more concentration and less space makes your vocal cords vibrate far more than when singing or talking, and that causes the vibration. Once the air in in your vocal chords, enunciate. Pick what you will say. Then, when the air reaches your pharynx, you have two options. Lower the pitch by forcing your false chords shut, or raise it by loosening your false chords. The false chords are located directly beneath your tonsils.

Screaming should never hurt, so if it does, tweak your method a bit.

Better answer, screaming is for girls that are about to get raped, not guys.

Not true. Low screams often times sound better than some growls. Also, if the artist mixes growls in with the screams, it is even better. High screams, in my opinion, are the weakest pitch.

Also, girls about to get raped yell, they don't scream. You can tell because their voices are not distorted...

Check them out, they use a good mixture of screams and growls.

Last edited by a moderator: