Longest growl/scream ever?

Tim "The Ripper" Owens, singer for Iced Earth did at least a 20 second scream live when I saw them almost 2 years ago.

Lucifuge Rofocale does a 35 second scream on Martyrium(Mlt) the song The Transition off of The Carnage Lit by Darkness

Erik said:
you realize how TRIVIAL it is to fake something like this to the point where you can't possibly hear that it's studio trickery right
Longest fake scream Iv'e heard is the begining of the original Stromblast song.

Longest real one is in Emperial Live Ceremony on An Elegy of Icarus. At the end of the song right before they go back into the melodic vocal part Ihsahn screams "Icarus" for what I'm pretty sure is about 3 years.

Idunnonuten said:
Longest fake scream Iv'e heard is the begining of the original Stromblast song.

Longest real one is in Emperial Live Ceremony on An Elegy of Icarus. At the end of the song right before they go back into the melodic vocal part Ihsahn screams "Icarus" for what I'm pretty sure is about 3 years.

He only got about 6 seconds on that scream. If you're talking about the part I'm thinking about.

you realize how TRIVIAL it is to fake something like this to the point where you can't possibly hear that it's studio trickery right

Well, Maynard James Keenan has a live recording of a little over 20 seconds during "You Lied" on the Salival CD.

And aside from that, I would be willing to bet there are thousands of Tool fans that have seen them in concert and witnessed his tremendous vocalization power. (Me being one of them, on multiple occasions. Although, the latest one I have seen he was recovering from the flu so he was a bit "off", and unfortunately that's my fiancee's first Tool concert).

The few I've heard:

-That 20-second long in the beginning of Silence Calls the Storm by Quo Vadis, I think it's a bit fake though

It's no fake...I've seen it live...he actually does it. and that is truly amazing.

Also Philip Labonte from All That Remainbs...he has amazing lung power.

0:40

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Tägtgren from Hypocrisy/Bloodbath has done some inhumane screams. Like on songs Soul Evisceration, Roswell 47 (I think he does a pretty long one live @ wacken)

Well, Maynard James Keenan has a live recording of a little over 20 seconds during "You Lied" on the Salival CD.

And aside from that, I would be willing to bet there are thousands of Tool fans that have seen them in concert and witnessed his tremendous vocalization power. (Me being one of them, on multiple occasions. Although, the latest one I have seen he was recovering from the flu so he was a bit "off", and unfortunately that's my fiancee's first Tool concert).

I've seen Tool live, and Maynard can wail. His scream at the end of "The Grudge" lasts over thirty seconds, I think; and he performed it live.

You guys will prob nto like this one lol, but Linkin Park does a 17 second one in the song Given Up. ive ehard it live, it is real, another song of tehirs he does a 15 second one. Theres also a local band for me that does a 45 second scream. The band is called Everyday Legend and the song is called Hel. just youtube it.