NUCLEAR BLAST AMERICA NEWS
Darkane, The Defaced, Dimmu Borgir, In Flames, Kataklysm, Meshuggah, To/Die/For

Table of Contents
1. Latest Additions to Our Webshop
2. Band News
3 . Release Schedule
4 . Tour Dates

CM Distro titles:
Empyria - Changing Currents CD - Adventurous, convincing melodic heavy metal for fans of Liege Lord, Fates Warning, Obsession and the like. $12.00
Empyria - Sense Of Mind CD - Limited edition version, hand numbered out of 500. Comes in a DVD-style box. $12.00
Mucky Pup - A Boy In A Man's World CD - The fun-loving, riotous 1988 album, now reissued adding live tracks to the hardcore hi-jinks. $11.00
Soulscar - Character Assassination CD - Aggressive, intelligent metal with unmelodic vocals, melodic guitar lines and cleverly constructed sonic layers. $12.00
Thor - Thunderstruck - Tales From The Equinox CD - Man, myth, joke or legend? You decide. 14 songs from various studio sessions, featuring a King Crimson cover. $12.00
Thor - Triumphant CD - Collection of songs from movie soundtracks and various studio sessions, displaying the peculiar metal vision of the irrepressible, unstoppable Canadian god of thunder. $12.00

To order these titles and more, visit: www.centurymedia.com or call us at 1 (800) 250-4600

DARKANE - http://www.darkane.com
Darkane’s latest masterwork, Expanding Senses, continues to make a big impact with fans old and new alike. Pick up a copy and prepare to be blown away. Expanding Senses is available in stores now.

“Hot on the heels of their last juggernaut of an album, 2001’s Insanity, the Swedish five-piece have spewed out another gem in Expanding Senses. This eagerly anticipated slab hits all the right marks” – Unrestrained!

A video for the track “Innocence Gone” is currently making the rounds on regional video shows… keep a watch out for it ‘cause it’s pretty brutal!

Darkane will make their debut in both the UK and Japan next month. The UK lineup will include Criminal and Descent, as well as local support. The Japanese tour will feature Mastodon and High on Fire and is being dubbed “Extreme the Dojo Vol. 5.” Tour dates are as follows:

UK:
November 11th Cardiff - Club Ifor Bach
November 12th London - Underworld
November 14th Bristol - The Station.

Japan:
November 17th Tokyo - Shibuya Club Quattro
November 19th Nagoya - Nagoya Club Quattro
November 20th Osaka - Shinsaibashi Club

THE DEFACED - http://www.thedefaced.com
Recording and mixing of the new The Defaced disc finally complete. Axeman Mattias Svensson has this to say of the upcoming material:

“The mixing of Karma in Black is done and the result totally speaks for itself. The sound fits the songs very well and we believe that we achieved the goals we set up for the production. No release date has been set yet but we simply can't wait to get the album out.”

Here is the track list for Karma in Black:
1. Fumes from the swamp
2. Once in between
3. 10 vs 9
4. Exit body on mass
5. Beneath my swirl
6. A moment of clarity
7. The fading suns
8. Soulsides
9. Forever winding
10. Karma in black

DIMMU BORGIR - http://www.dimmu-borgir.com
Although still enjoying the immense and continued success of Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropy, Dimmu Borgir will enter the studio in March to record the disc that will surely make us all burn in hell. Silenoz was good enough to take a few minutes out of his creative whirlwind to update us on the band’s progress:

“The new material sounds extremely apocalyptic and militant, grim and somber and there is a distinct presence of no mercy to them. We’re extremely excited and confident about the 9 songs we’ve got so far and we’re very much looking forward to starting the recording process at Studio Fredman in the beginning of March 2003. We’re just gonna keep writing until then and see where it leads us, since we see no reason to hold back when we’re being this productive and creative.”

HAMMERFALL - http://www.hammerfall.net
Kicking off in Portland, Oregon at the Roseland Theater on November 8th, HammerFall celebrates the brotherhood of “true” heavy metal in grand fashion by supporting the legendary Ronnie James Dio on a North American tour! This marks the band’s second crusade through North America. The start of the tour precedes the release of the band’s highly anticipated fourth full-length, Crimson Thunder.

Produced by Charly Bauerfeind (Blind Guardian) and recorded at Andy Deris' (Helloween vocalist) Mi Sueno Studios in Tenerife, Spain, Crimson Thunder will be available November 12th. In addition, the video for Crimson Thunder’s first single, “Hearts on Fire,” one of the best, most professional music videos we’ve seen from one of our artists, will be sent off to VH1 and MTV in the coming weeks.

Catch this amazing, rockin’ tour package including King’s X at a date near you, and be sure to grab a copy of Crimson Thunder so you can sing along at the show!

In related news, on the topic of HammerFall covering the classic Chastain track, “Angel of Mercy” on Crimson Thunder, David Chastain states, “HammerFall is one of my favorite bands and I was both honored and thrilled to have the band cut the track. I just heard their version the other day and they did an incredible job!”

IN FLAMES - http://www.inflames.com
Reroute to Remain hasn’t allowed In Flames to remain at home for very long. Touring almost nonstop since the North American tour with Slayer began back on August 3rd. Currently, the band is trekking across Europe on tour with Pain and Soilwork through November 4th, after which the band gets a little break to relax, detox and catch up on life before jaunting off for 8 days in Japan, Korea and their first ever show in Taiwan.

Reroute to Remain continues to sell phenomenally as new fans realize what the rest of us have been shouting about for years. If you haven’t yet picked up your own copy, what are you waiting for… go get it now!

“On In Flames’ stunning sixth studio album, Reroute to Remain, [Björn] Gelotte and Jesper Strömblad team up for mean, clean guitar work that bolsters the group’s ultra-melodic masterwork of incendiary post-death metal.” – Guitar One

KATAKLYSM - http://www.kataklysm.net
Kataklysm have returned home after their tour that spread carnage across the Great North. The band returns to the road on December 3rd in Glasgow, Scotland for a month-long European tour. The X-mass Festivals 2002 tour with Kataklysm also includes Six Feet Under, Marduk, Dying Fetus, Hate Eternal, Impaled Nazarene, Immolation, Macabre and Ragnarok. Shadows & Dust, the crowning jewel in Kataklysm’s 10 year history, is available in stores now. Be sure to check out the great feature on the band in the current issues of Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, Unrestrained! and Rip ‘N’ Tear!

“Over ten years strengthened, Kataklysm’s shining hour is upon us and the impending devastation will leave most in their wake” – Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles

MESHUGGAH - http://www.meshuggah.net
On their day off from the Tool tour in Manhattan this past Wednesday, the 30th of October, Meshuggah got the chance to sit down with Juliya from Much Music USA to do an interview for “Juliya’s Diary” which airs on Uranium. As soon as we know when it will air, we’ll be sure to let you know.

The band’s Halloween performance at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island included frontman Jens Kidman sporting a blonde mullet wig, corpse paint and a ball cap with “Jesus” inscribed across the front. Look for the crazy pictures of him in an upcoming issue of Circus Magazine.

Meshuggah drummer extraordinaire, Tomas Haake, recently had this to say about the tour:

“It’s going great, actually better than expected! Tool and their fans have been really accommodating. Of course some shows have been better than others but I would have to say that the response has been overwhelmingly positive.”

In other news, Metallica’s Lars Ulrich had the following to say about Meshuggah in a recent interview with Martin Popoff:

“You know, I think Meshuggah is brilliant. A lot of that extreme stuff doesn't make much sense to me, but when I heard Meshuggah, and everybody was talking about them at Ozzfest, I just sort of... I just respect it a lot. That type of stuff, it's not something that I listen to on a daily basis but it's interesting to me. And there’s not a lot of metal stuff that is that interesting. But like Meshuggah, that's really fucking interesting. You sit there and say, how does he actually play that on drums? And then you start getting into like, well, does he actually play that on drums (laughs)? But it sits in a very different place compared to anything else I've heard.”

TO/DIE/FOR - http://www.todieforlove.com
Finnish gothers To/Die/For are currently in Astia studios (Children Of Bodom, Entwine) where they will stay through mid of November to record their third album, Jaded. They are expecting to record ten or eleven new tracks for the disc. Some song titles include: “Too Much Ain’t Enough,” “Dying Embers,” “Silence Tells More,” and “Jaded.” Special guest Marko Hietala of Nightwish will provide some additional vocals on the disc.

October 29
HammerFall Crimson Thunder

January 28
Raunchy Velvet Noise
Therion Live in Midgard
V/A Death is Just the Beginning Vol. 7 (2CD & DVD)

February 11
Stratovarius Elements Part I

HAMMERFALL w/Dio, King’s X
11/8 Roseland Theater - Portland, OR
11/9 Showbox - Seattle, WA
11/10 Fat Tuesday’s - Spokane, WA
11/12 The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
11/14 Universal Amphitheater - Universal City, CA
11/15 House Of Blues - Anaheim, CA
11/16 House Of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
11/17 4th & B Theater - San Diego, CA
11/19 Midnight Rodeo - Albuquerque, NM
11/22 Canyon Club - Dallas, TX
11/23 The Backroom – Austin, TX
11/24 House Of Blues - New Orleans, LA
11/25 The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
11/27 Pop's - Sauget, IL
11/29 The Quest – Minneapolis, MN
11/30 Eagles Ballroom – Milwaukee, WI
12/1 House Of Blues - Chicago, IL
12/4 Piere’s – Ft. Wayne, IN
12/5 Annie’s – Cincinnati, OH
12/6 The Odeon – Cleveland, OH
12/7 Harpo’s - Detroit, MI
12/10 Recher Theater – Towson, MD
12/11 9:30 Club – Washington, DC
12/13 Roseland Ballroom - New York, NY
12/14 Palladium – Worcester, MA
12/15 Webster Theater – Hartford, CT

MESHUGGAH w/ Tool
11/2 Lawrence Joel Veteran Mem. Coliseum – Winston-Salem, NC
11/3 Roanoke Civic Center – Roanoke, VA
11/5 Civic Center – Knoxville, TN
11/7 Leon County Civic Center – Tallahassee, FL
11/8 Centroplex Theater – Baton Rouge, LA
11/9 Mississippi Coast Coliseum – Biloxi, MS
11/12 Freeman Coliseum – San Antonio, TX
11/13 Laredo Arena – Laredo, TX
11/15 Montague Center – Beaumont, TX
11/16 Cox Convention Center – Oklahoma City, OK
11/18 Tingley Coliseum – Albuquerque, NM
11/19 America West Arena – Phoenix, AZ
11/21 Cox Arena – San Diego, CA
11/22 Selland Arena – Fresno, CA
11/23 Lawlor Events Center – Reno, NV
11/24 Long Beach Arena – Long Beach, CA

MISERY INDEX
11/12 Ottobar – Baltimore, MD w/ Theory Of Ruin

TAPPING THE VEIN
11/9 The Vault - Baltimore MD
11/27 Pontiac - Philadelphia, PA
11/30 Downtime – New York, NY

The new material sounds extremely apocalyptic and militant, grim and somber and there is a distinct presence of no mercy to them.

Ha ha ha ha... That is so damn funny.

RP>>sorry man. I have spent nearly an hour cleaning up my PM box, and my mail box. ANd answering all my mail.

Well, i guess ill see ya th enext time pal.

DSM>>NP dude.

TRAPPED IS HERE!

ha ha, nah not a band. Strangely enough it's an old old old computer game... ha ha

I'm a metalhead nerd :lol:

Oh yeah, trapped, BTW, i awoke with some new SHORT hairs today. The ones that stick right UP nad will not lay down, the ones that are LONG when you go to bed, but somehow, the SHRINK before you awake hahahahha.,

HAIR LOSS is a fucking BITCH

Sure... i've got awesome old games, Flashback, Another World, Prince of Persia... all the commander keen's :D

What have you got lying around?

Originally posted by ledmag
Oh yeah, trapped, BTW, i awoke with some new SHORT hairs today. The ones that stick right UP nad will not lay down, the ones that are LONG when you go to bed, but somehow, the SHRINK before you awake hahahahha.,

HAIR LOSS is a fucking BITCH

Yeah, but it's alright for you, you're ten years older than me :lol:

My hairline is kindov going like a V now, it's going up at the sides... i'm to ashamed to tie it back anymore because everyone knows... ha ha... It makes me look distinguished..

But yeah, i dunno what is with those short hairs, when your hair breaks off, and then your left with this short stuff on top that doesn't grow anymore...

Is your old man bald?

rage incoming comes to mind.

and i have those fucking pioneer games hahahaha. and someone gave me the deer/turkey/bear hunter hahahhaha. The only reason i accepted them were due to the fact that i was new on teh PC, and didnt ahve the net yet hahahahha.

I was thinking if you were interested, i would love some MP3's on disk hahahahha.

Yeah... what MP3's are you after...?

Or do you just want one of them crazy "Trapped Medley" things like i sent to mags, just hundreds of mp3's, no order to them :lol:

Originally posted by Trapped
Yeah, but it's alright for you, you're ten years older than me :lol:

My hairline is kindov going like a V now, it's going up at the sides... i'm to ashamed to tie it back anymore because everyone knows... ha ha... It makes me look distinguished..

But yeah, i dunno what is with those short hairs, when your hair breaks off, and then your left with this short stuff on top that doesn't grow anymore...

Is your old man bald?

NO ITS NOT ALRIGHT YOU FUCKER hahahahahhaha.

He is thinning. But they say you get it from your mums side of the family...and fuck, are those old fuckers ever bald.

Those little hairs SUCK. I ahev some that haev been the same length for 2 fucking yrs.

WHen i pull mine back, that when the little ones really show.......so i dont pull mine back either hahahha.

I haev a V as well. ITs the same as the pic at the neverfan page though. The spot in the crown, its gotten a bit worse. I look at with a small mirror while im standing in front of teh bathroom mirror hahahhaha.

Originally posted by Trapped
Yeah... what MP3's are you after...?

Or do you just want one of them crazy "Trapped Medley" things like i sent to mags, just hundreds of mp3's, no order to them :lol:

hahaha, yeeah, he sent me a copy of all that stuff. Zanex has the copy right now. He is picking out what he wants burnt on it. hahhhahaha. I love the mixed up stuff. Really gives you a lot of bands to check into. I still listen to the martyr, and the neverdemo. Thansk for that stuff dude.

NO ITS NOT ALRIGHT YOU FUCKER hahahahahhaha.

He is thinning. But they say you get it from your mums side of the family...and fuck, are those old fuckers ever bald.

Those little hairs SUCK. I ahev some that haev been the same length for 2 fucking yrs.

WHen i pull mine back, that when the little ones really show.......so i dont pull mine back either hahahha.

I haev a V as well. ITs the same as the pic at the neverfan page though. The spot in the crown, its gotten a bit worse. I look at with a small mirror while im standing in front of teh bathroom mirror hahahhaha.

ha ha... well, it looks a bit stranger with me, because i'm young looking. I'm determined not to shave my head tho, i'm still going to keep the long hair, it'll; just be a bit shinier here and there.

Yeah, the gene is carried by your mum... my mum's father had the hairline thing, but no baldspot on the crown, and he was nearly eighty when he died... so... it's a long time between here and then for me :lol: He had long hair, brushed back really dark grey...

I'm making up for it with facial hair at the moment, i'm doing the sixties sideburns thing :lol:

hahaha, yeeah, he sent me a copy of all that stuff. Zanex has the copy right now. He is picking out what he wants burnt on it. hahhhahaha. I love the mixed up stuff. Really gives you a lot of bands to check into. I still listen to the martyr, and the neverdemo. Thansk for that stuff dude.

Well, i've got something like 5/6 GIG of mp3's on my hardrive, so when i get around to it, i'll burn some more stuff like that...

TRAPPED>>>ha, so , you think i look old? hahahahhaha

YEah man, burn som eMP3's. take your time. Ill send the pakage first, and if you need cash for shipping, ill send that as well.

Thanks.

Im not shaving mine either, and im not cutting it.
Yeah man, get those side burns, and submit a PIC. I just trimmed my beard to ONE INCH. It was 4 INCHES ahhahahaha. My neck is getting cold now when i go outside hahahha.

TRAPPED>>>ha, so , you think i look old? hahahahhaha

YEah man, burn som eMP3's. take your time. Ill send the pakage first, and if you need cash for shipping, ill send that as well.

Thanks.

Im not shaving mine either, and im not cutting it.
Yeah man, get those side burns, and submit a PIC. I just trimmed my beard to ONE INCH. It was 4 INCHES ahhahahaha. My neck is getting cold now when i go outside hahahha.

Yeah, my brother has got a digital camera, but i dunno how to use the fucking thing.. too many buttons and flashing lights...

ha ha, nah you don't look old. Actually, you look about 25 or so in that pic. But there's a big difference between someone around 20 and someone around 30... around 25/26 you start to get that "Mature" thing happening, that "Man" look.

Nah, don't worry about postage it's not too bad at all.

I've got a pile more mp3's, a few more bands you might like. I've still gotta send you the alarum stuff, that band is totally killer.