How do you scream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yangus

New Metal Member
Dec 11, 2005
I play guitar but i dont sing, I Need help on how to scream.
How do you scream like death metal bands? like In flames
How do they get that sound?

Yangus said:

If you mean death metal growling that's incredibly easy. I find screaming like some bands do to be kind of hard.

Yangus said:
Do it while you're driving - put in your favorite death metal album and scream along with it. That's how I've learned how to scream a long time ago. Eventually you'll become able to control your throat for highs/lows and be able to "breathe along with the verses", so that you don't crap out. Want to hear me? VadimVon@yahoo.com - I'll email you a song.

i scream like Angela Gossow...and yea, she's a girl so i scream like a girl. anyway, DM is probably the easiest screaming ever. its harder to do like power metal vocals cuz they can go much higher, which most DM vocalists cant. and no no no In Flames is NOT death metal...at the moment they're Nu Gothenburg Metal and they became that aftar Clayman(2000). later they were Gothenburg Metal which is kinda alike to Melodic Death Metal.

VadimVon said:
Do it while you're driving - put in your favorite death metal album and scream along with it. That's how I've learned how to scream a long time ago. Eventually you'll become able to control your throat for highs/lows and be able to "breathe along with the verses", so that you don't crap out. Want to hear me? VadimVon@yahoo.com - I'll email you a song.

I do that too. I suck, but I'm getting better. Just don't do it in like city driving, that could be dangerous, and it is kind of embarrasing, I imagine, if someone pulls up besides you and sees you screaming like an idiot

Puppet said:
at the moment they're Nu Gothenburg Metal and they became that aftar Clayman(2000). later they were Gothenburg Metal which is kinda alike to Melodic Death Metal.

Y'know, you said that with such authority that I felt myself thinking, 'Of course! Nu Gothenburg Metal! That's the genre label I've been searching for to describe In Flames's post 'Clayman' sound!

Then I realised that I'm stoned, and that you probably have a lot more trouble than I do tagging my MP3 library.

Status
Not open for further replies.