(How to guide) Creating Cab Impulses without mic/cab

reneisgod

Rene
Aug 28, 2006
Scotland
en-gb.facebook.com
Not sure this was the right thread to post this topic in but i guessed if anyone actually tries this technique
and replies with some clips then it would come under rate my mix/tone !

anyways...

(How to guide) Creating Cab Impulses without mic/cab

Ok I decided to make this post regarding/detailing a method used by BURNY while creating his KRANK 1 / 2 impulses..

Im pritty much hopeing for some of you guys to give this a try and see what results r possible !

Ok here it is step by step.

1 Load the sound you'd like to clone in your audio editor (must be soloed or it won't work any commercial guitar sound should work)
2 Capture the spectrum (with cureEQ for example)
3 Match to a pink noise
4 Apply the resulting curve to to a high quality sweep
5 Deconvolve the sweep.

(burny)

If my memory serves me right, I used voxengo curve eq to capture the spectrum of some pre-existing files made by andy.
I think it was a cab shootout.I saved the curve. Then I matched a pink noise with it and saved the resulting curve.
Then I applied it to a sweep file and used voxengo deconvolver to make the impulse.

The Krank 1/2 impulse files r on this forum somewhere ! and i got extremely pleasent results with these using post eq,
the initial rersult eq wise is a bit off but can be fixed and the overall sound is very nice !

SO... come on anyone else going to give this a try !
haha ill get round to it at some point !

(if you havent got pink noise or high end quality sweep Burny told me he would post these soon and ill also upload them to my esnips folder)